Givi A146

(This archived section can be viewed by all, but modified only by Doug and moderators.)
This reference section highlights some key aftermarket accessories or installation walkthroughs that people have found useful.

Moderator: Moderators

challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Givi A146

Post by challey »

For those using or familiar with the Givi A146 sport screen: Are you happy with the quality of the screen? More importantly, is the mounting system up to the task? All things considered, would you recommend the screen?
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
mapman
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Givi A146

Post by mapman »

Challey,

I've had the givi 146 for about the last 10K miles and have mixed feelings about it -- mainly because it doesn't provide great wind protection (I'm thinking about changing to the givi A755)

However, I road with the bmw sports screen previously and if I had to choose between the two, I would definitly choose the Givi:

a: The wind protection (for me) was the same
b: The Givi looks better (to me) -- the silver is matches the bmw silver
c: The mounting system is MUCH better than the bmw sports screen (the heads to the bolts are recessed so that you can fit a wrench in and actually turn it without smashing into the triple clamp
d: The givi was less expensive

regards, keith
BMWkidd
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by BMWkidd »

oops!!! :oops:
It's not miss america. but it works.
Lifer #276.
challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Re: Givi 146

Post by challey »

Thanks for the feedback. Your bike looks great with the A146. I'd have repaint the the silver to try and match the [red] paint on mine.
Question: Does the mouting system for the "universal" Givi's like the A755 work well? I actually like the looks of the A770 and would live with one in black - at least that matches the seat and tires.
Also, is that an optional accessory in the last picture? Could use one of them.
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi