Cee Bailey wind screens and 6-3" riders

(This archived section can be viewed by all, but modified only by Doug and moderators.)
This reference section highlights some key aftermarket accessories or installation walkthroughs that people have found useful.

Moderator: Moderators

mtc46jw
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Cee Bailey wind screens and 6-3" riders

Post by mtc46jw »

Any of you tall guys tried these screens? My old neck is getting tired after long rides. Really need your help in getting this thing resolved.

Tried the sport screen, for my height its a piece of s...... Am back to the fly screen which is providing cleaner air. But still

The Damn bike won't slow down!
2001, R1150R black "El Magnifico"
bobclift
Basic User

Windscreen Reply for 6'3"

Post by bobclift »

I had trouble too. Started with a BMW touring screen, I now have the tall Parabellum (which wasn't good at first). Then I added the Aeroflow tank wings. What a difference. I think you'll find a dirty air hurricane coming over your oil coolers at 80mph without the wings. I still get a little air from just above my face shield over the top. Perhaps I can get an extra inch or two of protection using the Saeng edging...I don't like the looks of the Parabellum as much as the C B and I may switch now that (I think) I know what the problem was. I'm 6'3" and weigh in at 250.
mtc46jw
Basic User

Post by mtc46jw »

Thanks for the reply. Judging from the lack of response on this board there doesn't seem to be many tall riders on "R's". Either that or they all have neck muscles of steel!

I have ordered a dark tint 21,5 inch euro tall from Cee Bailey. Hopefully that will help and point me in the right direction for using a touring screen. If that doesn't work I may have to upgrade to an RT. Every year we ride for a soild week and its getting too much to pull down 2000 kms and have something left after the ride.

I too am concerned with destroying the bikes looks. Its a classic and I hate to see it cluttered up with huge screens. But what are we going to do.

Anyway. I let you know what the CB is like when I get it.

Thanks again for the reply.
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I am not your height, but I am interested to seeiing some of the Cee Bailey's screens in person. I hoe that they have a display at the MOA Rally in Lima, OH.

It is too bad you can't take a test ride with a windshield.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
BigJugs
Basic User

Post by BigJugs »

I'm 6'3", 235lbs and use the Sport Screen and my only discomfort is the increase in noise level. No sore neck muscles but I'm kinda thick necked anyway. No buffeting but the air is dirty, considering the Laminar Lip to clean it up.

How's the flyscreen for keeping wind off your chest?
BigJugs

2004 R1150R Piedmont Red... Not the fastest color but chicks really dig it!!!
mtc46jw
Basic User

Post by mtc46jw »

Fly screen does nothing for keeping anything off your body. however the air is clean and nice up to about 70mph. I have painted the inside of mine black to match my bike (black is the fastest colour) and it looks really sweet.

However, riding all day on a trip can and does wear me out. last summer did abot 900 kms in one day and I was completely busted! Am too old to arrive at a destination feeling like I have gone a full 12 rounds!
rdsmith3
Lifer
Donating Member #: 74

Post by rdsmith3 »

I just finished a 425 mile trip with the touring screen. It was a combination of highway and back roads. I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam.

Anyway, the touring screen was pretty good. The air hit the top half or third of my helmet, depending on how I was sitting. I had ear plugs on, so it did not seem too noisy. I liked the fact that I could crack the visor open on my helmet, and I did not get any turbulent air in under the visor becaus the opening was below the top of the screen.

Also, I have the tall seat with a sheepskin pad on top, so I sit a little taller than most riders, and I was still happy with the BMW Touring screen.
Bob
2002 Atlanta Blue
Lifetime Member #74