twinmax and Honda

(This archived section can be viewed by all, but modified only by Doug and moderators.)
This reference section highlights some key aftermarket accessories or installation walkthroughs that people have found useful.

Moderator: Moderators

gel9001

twinmax and Honda

Post by gel9001 »

Pardon the off topic question. A buddy of mine has a Honda ST1300 and he bought a twinmax to synch his throttle bodies. Unfortunately he doesn't know how to use it and has asked for my help. I own one and use it on my R, but don't know how to use on non beemer bike.

Can someone point me in the direction to find instructions on how to use on this type of bike?

thanks,

Gene
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

Gene....you have an aversion for trouble.....always asking for it.....but kidding aside, I don't kmow much about the ST1300 other than is a 4 cyl.

So either the TB's are syamesed and you use the Twin-Max as you would on the BMW or if not I guess the you would sync the two cyl on one side first, then move to the other side and then compare one TB from one side to the other on the other side.......Hey, I don't know!!!!!

Call TwinMax...... :roll: :roll:
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
gel9001

thanks Al

Post by gel9001 »

Its a V4 so maybe only 2 throttle bodies. What you say makes alot of sense.

Oye, why not put the Cuban flag as part of your id? Where is that other flag from? And what part of Cuba are you from?

Gene
pbenoit
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by pbenoit »

Had a 4 cyl Kaw Concours and you synch'd the two left carbs first, the two right carbs next and than the two middle carbs to synch both sets (the carb to the #3 cyl was the base carb according to Kaw). I would assume that on the ST you would synch both throttle bodies on one side of the V, than synch the throttle bodies on the other side next, and than one throttle body from each side of the V (however, I don't know which one Honda uses as the base throttle body). Hope this helps.......
Peter Benoit

'98 R1100R
'04 R1150R (Replaced with 07 F650GS)
'05 R1200GS
darthrider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by darthrider »

My buddy's TwinMax has instructions for setting multi's.
Dave

I've spent most of my life on motorcycles, the rest I've just wasted...
gel9001

thanks guys

Post by gel9001 »

appreciate the help

Gene