R1150R aeroflow full page ad in BMW ON (pg. 29)

(This archived section can be viewed by all, but modified only by Doug and moderators.)
This reference section highlights some key aftermarket accessories or installation walkthroughs that people have found useful.

Moderator: Moderators

Optimus Prime
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

R1150R aeroflow full page ad in BMW ON (pg. 29)

Post by Optimus Prime »

Just a heads up, seems like a really solid design and I just love their tank wings. I have a feeling that the full-size screen will be on the R for touring and winter duty.

Linky
oldtom

screen

Post by oldtom »

I just made a 400 mi. trip and back with the aeroflow tall sport screen and was very happy with it. Six feet tall, stock low seat. The only drawback is the mount interferes with mounting the GS handguards.
Tom
Optimus Prime
Basic User

Re: screen

Post by Optimus Prime »

oldtom wrote:I just made a 400 mi. trip and back with the aeroflow tall sport screen and was very happy with it. Six feet tall, stock low seat. The only drawback is the mount interferes with mounting the GS handguards.
Tom

:!:
What's that you say? :?:

I currently have GS handguards, what interferes? Darg nabit, if it's not one thing, it's another.
Optimus Prime
Basic User

Post by Optimus Prime »

I just got off the phone with Paige over at Aeroflow and he was under the impression that the GS handguards interference is minimal. Each install will be slightly different depending on how your bars and controls are adjusted, so YMMV.

I believe I'll be investing in the full on touring screen and lower aeroguards in the near future. While the sport screen looks good, it just isn't a good design and I have a hard time putting form before function. I realize that a large number of you find how the bike looks to be the most important aspect of the motorcycle, but I've never been able to buy into that.

Paige insisted that the full touring screen, tank wings, and aeroguards offered better protection that any stock fully faired bike he's ever ridden. I'll let you know after I've tried it out, and if you want a looksie in person I should be at the BMWMOA Rally.

-Jason
12bar1
Lifer

Aero Flow

Post by 12bar1 »

I am really interested in the Aeroflow setup you are talking about. I just picked up a slightly used Cee Bailey touring screen and it seems to be an improvement over the sport screen with the laminar lip. I spoke with Paige a couple of times and he swears this is the best thing since sliced bread. If you get a chance and could post some pictures that would be appreciated.
Optimus Prime
Basic User

Re: Aero Flow

Post by Optimus Prime »

12bar1 wrote:I am really interested in the Aeroflow setup you are talking about. I just picked up a slightly used Cee Bailey touring screen and it seems to be an improvement over the sport screen with the laminar lip. I spoke with Paige a couple of times and he swears this is the best thing since sliced bread. If you get a chance and could post some pictures that would be appreciated.
I swear the tank wings with sport screen and laminar lip were a huge improvement...but that sport screen mount is just pathetic and I have to keep retightening it. I'm looking for a setup that will let me cruise the highways with serious weather protection and paige swears this setup is all that and a bag of chips.

As soon as I get it and set it up, I'll let you know.
morrie
Basic User

Re: R1150R aeroflow full page ad in BMW ON (pg. 29)

Post by morrie »

Optimus Prime wrote:Just a heads up, seems like a really solid design and I just love their tank wings. I have a feeling that the full-size screen will be on the R for touring and winter duty.

Linky
I talked to him today and was diaappointed to learn that there is stil no mounting arrangement for bikes with barbacks. I would love to have the fairing but really can't give up the barbacks.

Does anyone who has one think it would be modified to fit with Moto Techniques barbacks?

can't
Optimus Prime
Basic User

Post by Optimus Prime »

edit: see below
Last edited by Optimus Prime on Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimus Prime
Basic User

Post by Optimus Prime »

morrie wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:Just a heads up, seems like a really solid design and I just love their tank wings. I have a feeling that the full-size screen will be on the R for touring and winter duty.

Linky
I talked to him today and was diaappointed to learn that there is stil no mounting arrangement for bikes with barbacks. I would love to have the fairing but really can't give up the barbacks.

Does anyone who has one think it would be modified to fit with Moto Techniques barbacks?
I swear the ad talks about fitting barbacks and someone from this board went up there to test fit a barback setup. Check out bimrluvr's posts on page seven here

Aeroflow

Post by Guest »

I had the standard touring version on a GS and found it to be an amazing piece. Probably not the slickest looking piece, but it sure did the job.
morrie
Basic User

Post by morrie »

Optimus Prime wrote:
morrie wrote:

Linky

I swear the ad talks about fitting barbacks and someone from this board went up there to test fit a barback setup. Check out bimrluvr's posts on page seven here
I think someone dropped off a set of barbacks for Paige to work with, but that he hasn't gotten to it yet. He's busy right now with stuff for some of the new 1200s. He said he would try to send me a diagram of the mounting system to see if I could modify mine. I hope to be on the west coast in the next few weeks and will ride over to Aeroflow to take a look around.

BTW...I think he said about 2 dozen sets of tank wings have now been sold.