New ROADGEAR Summer Rain Gloves

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

whaycoc
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

New ROADGEAR Summer Rain Gloves

Post by whaycoc »

Many of you probably know that I am associated with ROADGEAR Corp and have offered to give a substantial discount to members of this board. I have made a point of not 'advertising" or promoting ROADGEAR over other manufactures.

Having said that, for two years now I have been disappointed that ROADGEAR did not have a true light weight summer rain glove! BMW does offer a summer rain glove but at a price close to $100.00 dollars!

The difficulty in producing a light water proof glove comes in the technology of the materials to withstand the abuse a glove receives and still stay waterproof. Finally, the technology is here and ROADGEAR has designed and just this day received our first shipment of a very lightweight summer totally waterproof rain gloves. They will have a two year full warranty directly with ROADGEAR - we are the designer, and manufacturer and sole distributer of our products - you will always deal directly with ROADGEAR on any issues you may encounter with these gloves.

The retail price for these gloves will be $55.95 - I can offer our board members a price of $50.00 - less then half the BMW Dealer price!

If you are interested in purchasing a pair please call "Jody" at ROADGEAR - 800-854-4327 - and ask for the Bill Haycock price of $50.00 and mention the 1150R board membership. She will be aware of this offer.

Below is a picture of the gloves:

http://bill-haycock.smugmug.com/gallery ... 8128/Large

Hope to see some of you up in Americade week after next - if you need anything from ROADGEAR please stop by our booth!
Bill Haycock - Member #78
Huntsville, AL
1150rTodd
Basic User

Post by 1150rTodd »

Those are light? They look kind of thick for a 95 degree, typical Florida summer day.
2002 Atlanta Blue R1150RA 26,000+ miles
whaycoc
Lifer

Post by whaycoc »

They are as light as they can be! Supplex nylon shell with some reinforcement and gortex type membrane with the lightest supplex liner we can find!

For those in 95 degree Florida weather I suggest taking off your leather gloves when it rains and ride with no gloves at all - these are for those in climates where one still wants or needs gloves when it is raining.

i wore these prototype gloves for four days in the rain when the temperatures were around 70 to 80 degrees - they were comfortable and felt good - 95 degrees? get real! just take your gloves off and enjoy the feeling of warm water cascading off your hands - It isn't rocket science!

Even in the warm climates, when it rains the temperature is going to fall 10 to 15 degrees - have you really ridden in 95 degrees and raining too!
Bill Haycock - Member #78
Huntsville, AL