transmission oil change

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

schretpat
Basic User

transmission oil change

Post by schretpat »

I have a 1996 r1100r. When i went to change the transmission oil, i was/am unable to find the fill and drain plugs. i know that this sounds dumb yet the side of my bike does not match the pic in the haynes manual. I also looked underneath to no avail. thoughts on where they might be? thanks

Patrick
1964(?) Honda 50 (long gone)
1976 Honda 450 (gone too)
1995 Kawasaki Vulcan (reentry bike)
1996 r1100r aaah!
taosports
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by taosports »

Patrick,

According to my Clymer manual, the drain plug for your bike should be underneath the transmission case.

On the right side of the transmission case for the 1150R, there are two caps, one right above the other. The upper is the oil filler cap, the lower, the drain cap. If I read my manual correctly, on your bike there is only one, the oil filler cap. Look carefully below the transmission case and you should be able to see the drain cap.

EDIT>>>

Here is a photo to help illustrate. As you can see, on a 1150 R, there are actually 2 drain plugs. On your bike, there will be only one - the very bottom one. Hope this helps :

Last edited by taosports on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ves
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Ves »

I use to have a 1996 R850R. Same engine basically. This should be what the right side of your bike looks like. I believe the filler hole is the one at about the center of this photo. The drain should be in that tunnel right under it.

Ves (AKA Boy,Sledge, and Cheap Bastid)
schretpat
Basic User

transmission drain plug

Post by schretpat »

Thanks guys, much appreciated

Patrick