The new green color.

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

The new green color.

Post by DJ Downunder »

I stopped off at my local BMW dealer yesterday and they had just received a new K1200R in the new green color.

Beeeuuutttiifffuullll... :D ...I liked it...and I would trade my RR if I could afford to..but I can't.. :(

Anyone else seen the new color?

DJ
riceburner
Basic User

Re: The new green color.

Post by riceburner »

Aye - saw one at my local a week or so ago - VERY nice - every image I've seen on the net does NOT do it justice in ANY way.

It's different to the other colours because it's Metallic and Glossy (ie shiny) - every K12R so far has been matt/satin finished and the shiny finish on the green one really makes it stand out - and it suits the bike well.

If I actually liked riding the K12R (I don't, much*) I'd be seriously annoyed that I don't have the cash for it - as it is I'm merely slightly annoyed. ;)

* Been riding my wife's K12R this past week and just can't get on with it - the riding position just tightens the muscles in my shoulders and makes them ache - and it's bringing on sciatica in my right leg.... :( (or at least not helping the sciatica that is developing).
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
eisen
Double Lifer

Post by eisen »

I was truly shocked at first by the crazy green color. But after 2 mins it really grows on you, and after 5 - you WANT it :shock:

Here is a picture of the "shock" green on a K12R at the 2007 Milan bike show:

"I am easily satisfied with the very best...."
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Thanks for the picture eisen... :smt023

It reminds me of the green Rocksters..I'm glad they didn't do green wheels as well.

DJ
Damo
Basic User

Post by Damo »

Nice. Looks like it might have a bit of pearl in the paint?
Motorcycle+passion/ego=fleeting survival
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Damo wrote:Nice. Looks like it might have a bit of pearl in the paint?
yeah - it's a metallic colour - as said - looks a LOT better in the flesh.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Damo
Basic User

Post by Damo »

Called by a local dealer a couple of days ago, and in prime position behind the front window was a nice shiny '08 green apple KR. Impressive, but I have to say I'm a little let down. I still think that probably the sharpest looking KR I've seen had the dark graphite metallic panels on a black motor. I rode away feeling good about my glossy sun yellow beast after seeing the green. I still think that in green the KR looks like it's trying too hard to fit in with it's competitors. My 2 cents.
Motorcycle+passion/ego=fleeting survival
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Here is a link to a custom green K1200R.
http://www.holtbmw.com/bikes.html#used
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Love the pic of the LT doing a wheelie! :badgrin:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
Marku
Basic User

Post by Marku »

DJ Downunder wrote: Beeeuuutttiifffuullll... :D ...I liked it...and I would trade my RR if I could afford to..but I can't.. :(

DJ
My feelings exactly
andradef
Basic User

Post by andradef »

I am with those who are in love with the new K12R in Apple Green. My bike is a green Rockster (do you see a pattern?)

I am actually pretty serious about buying the Apple Green K12R, but I really want to keep a boxer in my garage (I love that engine). However, it makes no sense to have two naked bikes, so I am considering getting the K12R and trading the Rockster for a more highway-friendly boxer. Like a used RT or even a retired police bike.

What do you guys think about those retired police bikes? Any experience?

Thanks!
Last edited by andradef on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flavio
08 BMW K1200R (apple green)
04 BMW R1150R Rockster (citrus green)
02 BMW 745i (slate green)
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

A green K1200R was on display at the winter motoshow in Seattle, and Mrs. Sweatmark hasn't stopped talking about it since!

It was the HP Sport boxer that really caught my eye as exotic entertainment.
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

Great pic andradef..Is that you sitting on it?

The guys at my BMW dealer hate the new green color..but I still love it.

If I could afford to trade up I would.

DJ
andradef
Basic User

Post by andradef »

Yes, that's me on the bike. I took this picture a few weeks ago, at the BMW Welt in Munich.

I don't know how anybody could hate this color! It's so cool.

Flavio
Flavio
rockstercliff

Post by rockstercliff »

Its something you either love or hate at first site. As for me, love it, as i did when I first saw the "CITRUS" Rockster. The important thing is if the SO loves it. My wife said when she saw the Rockster in 04, "you need to have one of those", probably the only time in 26 years she has said that about any vehicle I was looking at. So I did, still love it to this day.
andradef
Basic User

Quick update: I bought the bike!

Post by andradef »

I put the deposit down today. The dealer should be getting the bike over this weekend, but unfortunately I won't be home until the next weekend!

Can't wait to ride it. Now I need to figure out the second bike. I will keep a Boxer and the K, but it does not make a lot of sense to have two naked bikes. I might trade the Rock for a GS or an RT.
Flavio
Ian
Basic User

Post by Ian »

andradef wrote: Image
Great Colour - the only thing that detracts from whole thing is the matt black plastics - some nice carbon fibre would fix that
Ian

DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Re: Quick update: I bought the bike!

Post by DJ Downunder »

andradef wrote:I put the deposit down today. The dealer should be getting the bike over this weekend, but unfortunately I won't be home until the next weekend!

Can't wait to ride it. Now I need to figure out the second bike. I will keep a Boxer and the K, but it does not make a lot of sense to have two naked bikes. I might trade the Rock for a GS or an RT.
Congrats..What color are you getting?

DJ
andradef
Basic User

Post by andradef »

green!
Flavio
andradef
Basic User

Post by andradef »

Quick update:

I picked up the bike today, and I am very impressed. It is interesting how different it feels from the Rockster, although they are similar bikes (naked). Here's what I found:

- Ergonomics are still pretty relaxed, more so in the arms than the legs. The legs do feel more crowded than on the Rockster.
- Engine has a ridiculous amount of power. :) I am still breaking in, so no more than 7,000 RPM. But, who cares? Ha ha, it feels like it can go on forever under 7k RPM and still be super fast. Serious now, I can't wait to try it once I can hit the rev limiter.
- Engine has enough low-end torque, but, unlike the boxer, it does not like to be in the 1,000 to 2,500 RPM range. The Rock can cruise all day long at 1,500 RPM, but the K12R gets a little irritated. She coughs up a bit, makes some strange noises, and begs you to keep at least above 3,000 RPM.
- Handling seems to be superb. I like how it enjoys leaning, and how easy it is to get to your balance point in a turn and do it smoothly. It feels great. Must have something to do with the low center of gravity, and even the lower seat that it has.
- I love the oil level straw! So much easier than that tricky window in the boxer! Plus, apparently it won't guzzle oil like the Boxer does.
- Gearbox is great; I love the wet clutch, and the gears seem to click into place quickly and precisely.
- Ride is definitely harder than the Rock. You do feel those bumps right in your butt, and the thinly padded seat does not help.
- What's with that helmet lock? That thing is stupid!!! I already miss the helmet lock on my Rockster.
- The bike definitely feels lighter than the Rock, although it really isn't. I think that the narrow position of the legs help that feeling.
- I love the instrument panel, it's very clear and the fuel gauge is a great upgrade from the Rock.
Flavio