Anyone using optional center stand

The sexy K1200R!

Moderator: Moderators

Silverr
Basic User

Anyone using optional center stand

Post by Silverr »

Just wondering if anyone has the optional center stand. On one hand, it would be nice. On the other, its not really necessary with this bike. Also, thinking it might clutter up the look of the bike...Does a center stand really belong on a bike like this!

Thoughts?

Silver
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by DJ Downunder »

I don't think so...center stands and big screens...keep them off..IMO.. :D

DJ
Silverr
Basic User

Post by Silverr »

Well said DJ, so when are you gonna pull the trigger and get a k12? Also, how are the repairs coming in ur RR. I hope they gave you a loaner!
CupOHemlock
Basic User

Post by CupOHemlock »

I have a sport screen and a center stand. I find them both very very convenient. :)

COH (Rich)
Thunder Grey 2010 S1000RR "The Beast" (sold)
Metallic Red Apple 2011 R1200R
Member #494
Silverr
Basic User

Post by Silverr »

COH, I have the sport screen also. I think the bike actually looks better with that screen than without.. Its some of the other aftermaket screens that are much larger that I think look really out of place on this bike. The sport screen accentuates the lines, while some of the others look far to conservative and large.

Did ur bike come with center stand option?
domekrome
Basic User

Post by domekrome »

CupOHemlock wrote:I have a sport screen and a center stand. I find them both very very convenient. :)

COH (Rich)
Does the stand impact cornering clearance much?
Jason
Rockster Edition 80 #893
red baron
Lifer

Optional center stand

Post by red baron »

I have the center stand which makes it much easier to check tire pressure and certainly a lot easier to remove the rear wheel. I have no problems as far as cornering clearance is concerned.
Red Baron
DJ Downunder
Honorary Lifer

Post by DJ Downunder »

I have nothing against center stands..but for me..if I was to ever own a KR..I think I would fit the belly pan/lower fairing thing..like this..and I think that would mean that I couldn't use a center stand..besides..it might look a little odd.

Silverr..in the great rides section you can see pics of my KR loaner..for my ride to see Rossi thread..I should have my RR back very soon...I know it's going to feel like a slow tractor after riding the KR.

Maybe one day I'll copy BP.

DJ
Last edited by DJ Downunder on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
big papa
Basic User

Post by big papa »

2 companies are now making bellypans w/ provisions for centerstands. I am gonna go w/ both eventually. I got used to the centerstand on the Rock. I don't want to buy a front and rear paddock stand. I'd line to know if the aftermarket centerstand is as good as the BMW one. It is more affordable.

$130
Bill
'07 R1200RT
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

No centerstand. Have missed it only once (on the road). Have the paddock stands for front and rear at the garage.
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
riceburner
Basic User

Post by riceburner »

Yup - we have the centerstand and it is reasonably handy, if not the easiest stand in the world to operate.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Kevin Markwell
Basic User

Post by Kevin Markwell »

I have the sport screen, which I like a lot and no center stand. You don't need it to check the oil like the RR and I have black rims, so I don't feel the need to wash them often like the silver on my RR, so I get by without a centerstand pretty well.
A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage. --Bertrand Russell

Member #37 - Lifer