NOW LIVE - SEND LOTS OF MONEY - EARN LOTS OF CHANCES TO WIN
Click here to see a countdown timer for drawing date of MikeCam's Yamaha XT225 Raffle. (Note time is EST)
When this timer hits 0, we will not accept any other entries! Get them in now!
R1150R.Org Membership Drive --- Open to all Board Participants DATES May 13- mid-summer (Final drawing date is the end of day on Labor day - Sept 1st, 11:59pm!!)].
Winner announced by Doug via Private Message and Board Announcement. Title delivered by registered mail to member's registered address. Pickup/delivery to be arranged after confirmation.
1) Current members who are paid in full - $10.00 per entry.
2) New or renewed one year membership - $25.00 and one entry.
3) New Lifetime Membership or donation - $75.00 and 5 entries.
To enter the raffle, do this:
- 1. Figure out if you are a current member by checking this list: http://www.r1150r.org/temp/renewals.html and make a note of your member # if you are on this list.
2. Figure out how many entries you want and what it will cost based on your membership status (see above). Note that once you are a member, you can purchase entries at the member level, so, for example, if you donated $85 and you were not previously a member, you'd get 6 entries.
3. Send the paypal donation to either: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are using a credit card during the paypal transaction, or use email@example.com if you are using a paypal balance or direct withdrawl from a checking account. The latter avoids an annoying 4% Paypal fee. If what I just wrote is confusing, just use firstname.lastname@example.org and that will work for all types of transactions BE SURE TO INCLUDE your MEMBER # (if you have one or know what it is (TIP: search for your Member welcome email) and USERNAME in your PAYPAL notes section.
4. Wait until the drawing is held, date TBD. Our best estimation at this time is July 4th. The winner will be contacted via email and it will be announced here in this thread.
Entry numbers assigned by random number generation from a finite pool of numbers. Winning number selected by a different random number generator.
I will compiling a list of donaters weekly and displaying them AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST! I will not be sending out confirmation emails, so please check the list and if you dont see your information on it, let me know.
Grand prize in the Membership Raffle 2008.
XT225 Summary --- 2003 w/ 506 miles
Low Weight (dry 236 lbs), Low Power (17 hp), Low Seat (32"), Low maintenance.
High ground clearance (11"), high off-road bias (21" front/18" rear knobbies), High mileage performance (60-80 mpg).
1 season (when new) as a farm vehicle; 2 seasons (since winter 2006) as a dirt bike. Little highway mileage. Air filter, battery, oil, plug new in 2006. Service kit of air and oil filters, fluids, new plug will be delivered with bike or performed before delivery. Tires in good shape. Brakes in good condition. Chain cleaned, adjusted, and lubricated. Battery freshly charged.
This is an old design: CV carb, choke assist, petcock equipped model engine with electric start and provisions for a kick start kit. Hard starting when cold, warms up nicely. Adjustable idle screw readily accessible, re-jetting kits and on-line knowledge base easily obtained. Used as a trainer for my kids, each of whom has expressed a strong desire to never ride a 2 wheeler again! Best suited for young, short legged, and starting dirt bikers but can perform for older, wiser, heavier folks. Inexpensive to operate and insure.
Yamaha's XT225 was built for those who want a versatile on/off-road machine thatÃ‚Â´s easy to handle.
General information Model: Yamaha XT 225 Year: 2003 (relatively unchanged 2001-2006) Category: Dual Purpose
Engine and transmission Displacement: 223.00 ccm (13.61 cubic inches) Engine type: Single cylinder Stroke: 4 Compression: 9.5:1
Bore x Stroke: 70.0 x 58.0 mm (2.8 x 2.3 inches) Fuel system: Carburettor Fuel control: SOHC Cooling system: Air
Gearbox: 6-speed Transmission type final drive: Chain
Physical measurements Seat height: 810 mm (31.9 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,161 mm (45.7 inches) Overall length: 2,070 mm (81.5 inches) Overall width: 805 mm (31.7 inches)
Ground clearance: 284 mm (11.2 inches) Wheelbase: 1,349 mm (53.1 inches)
Chassis and dimensions Rake (fork angle): 24.0Ã‚Â° Front Suspension: Telescopic fork Front Suspension travel: 226 mm (8.9 inches)
Rear Suspension: Swingarm w/rebound-adjustable single shock Rear Suspension travel: 191 mm (7.5 inches)
Front tyre dimensions: 2.75-21 Rear tyre dimensions: 120/80-18
Front brake: Single disc Front brake dia.: 220 mm (8.7 in) Rear brakes: Expanding brake (drum brake) Rear brakes diameter: 110 mm (4.3 in)
Other specifications Fuel capacity: 8.70 litres (2.30 gallons) Includes Tune-Up Kit as shown in picture.
New memberships and entries now open. You must be 18yrs old to enter!
Current list of raffle entrants:
two wheel tango