Setting the Clock on an R1150R?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Goff
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Setting the Clock on an R1150R?

Post by Goff »

OK, had a bit of a weird day yesterday. I was hooking up a connection for my Garmin and an Autocom Pro Avi set via the power socket, tested each individually, both worked fine. Set them up via a Y lead from the socket, Bam, blown fuse (Although it took me a while and a lot of cursing of Autocom and all their works before I realised it was the fuse ... Doh). I checked the specs before going ahead, the combined draw from these two bits of gear is only a maximum of 2 Amps, yet it blew a 15A fuse! The only thing I can think of is that I must have shorted a connection somewhere...

Anyway, the main thrust of this increasingly longwinded post is that I got everything except a user's manual with my bike and have no idea how to set the clock. Since the clock is also on the socket fuse, it's now slow by the amount of time it took me to identify the problem (An embarassingly large amount of time...). I did a search here for how to set the clock and it seems to be not a very straightforward procedure. Is there anyone who could enlighten me? Thanks in advance!

Also, If anyone has a soft copy of the owner's manual or a spare copy for sale, I'd be very interested! I've scoured ebay and the various bike/car manual database sites but no luck unfortunately...
mcooperstein
Donating Member #: 2

Re: Setting the Clock on an R1150R?

Post by mcooperstein »

Sticking out of the back of the silver clock housing should be a little black plastic 'tit' that you press in to set the clock. It's effect is to move the clock forward (the only setting change you can effect). That little piece is actually a little spring loaded connecting rod inside of the silver housing that presses a button on the clock unit. On my bike, it broke off years ago, so if I want to change the clock setting I have to take a couple screws off in order to remove the silver housing so I can get to that button directly.

Mark
Goff
Basic User

Post by Goff »

Hi Mark, thanks very much for that, I'll have a crack at it on my lunch break.
Byrdguy
Basic User

Post by Byrdguy »

Hey, Mark, I just happen to have an extra "connector" button for your clock. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you if you want it.
snowprick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 3953

Post by snowprick »

Hi Goff,

I'm in a similar situation with regard to the owners manual except I did get a manual, but in German! #-o

I also drew a blank on line. If you come across a soft copy may I have a one.

If any of our German friends need an owners manual in their own language just contact me. :)
Rod
2001 R1150R Black of course (sold)
2009 F800GS Black & yellow of course
Apple Macintosh
Sunbeemer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 593

Post by Sunbeemer »

I can make a copy of mine and mail it to you if you want.

BTW, that clock button is ballistic...at first you need to depress it for a few seconds before the minute hand advances a minute at a time, and then once the hand starts moving you can advance minute by minute by pressing the button in rapid succession, but if you continue to hold the button after the minute hand advances say about 10 minutes, then it starts going around fast to make hourly adjustment easier...

I suspect you may have already figured this out, but just thought I'd mention it anyway in case...
Rich
ADIOS!
dnat928

Post by dnat928 »

Member #1058
BMW R1150R - 2002, Atlanta Blue
Porsche 928 - 1982 Weissach Edition, S/N 34
ashummel
Basic User

Post by ashummel »

snowprick wrote:Hi Goff,

I'm in a similar situation with regard to the owners manual except I did get a manual, but in German! #-o

I also drew a blank on line. If you come across a soft copy may I have a one.

If any of our German friends need an owners manual in their own language just contact me. :)

Hello , It would be great if you could send me a copy of the german manual. Thank you. Regards.