Help removing injectors

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Help removing injectors

Post by challey »

Sorry all, this is my second request for help on this subject. I'm trying to remove both fuel injectors to get them tested, cleaned or rebuilt if needed. While this looked like a straightforward task, I'm kind of stuck and don't wan't to force anything and potentially really screw things up.

It was easy enought to undo the 2 hex head screws holding the basic assembly in place on the the TB. Also easy to remove the injector body from the TB. What's giving me a problem is the fuel line connection to the injector. You should be able to see in the somewhat out of focus picture attached below that the injector is already out of the TB. The fuel line connection to the injector (indicated by the arrow) appeared to be held in place only by steel clip (already removed in the photo) but I can't separate things. I didn't want to use brute stregnth since it's pretty easy to bend the fuel line which (I think) is thin metal tubing covered by a vinyl casing.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Challey

'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Re: Help removing injectors

Post by Boxer »

Chally, the o-ring is just stuck. Grasp the fuel line bracket firmly with one hand so it doesn't flex and using the other hand give the injector a twist like you were screwing it out. Then make sure you get the old o-ring out also. If its stuck that well, it will probably stay up inside there.
challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Re: Help removing injectors

Post by challey »

Thanks Phil, your advice was right on the money: A little elbow grease was all it took.

Both injectors will be on their way tomorrow for testing and cleaning thanks to you.

Charlie
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi