R1150R windshield

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

rutheugene2
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

R1150R windshield

Post by rutheugene2 »

Looking for a touring windshield with hardware for my R1150R Roadster.
Eugene (rutheugene2)
twindave
Basic User
Donating Member #: 724

Re: R1150R windshield

Post by twindave »

Aeroflow. Nothing better IMHO....comes complete with hardware. Best money spent

http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/R1150R.htm
rutheugene2
Basic User

Post by rutheugene2 »

Yeah, I have seen their website before. Nice looking and reek of quality but ----they are sure pricey$$$$$$. Lesser windshields are in the $150 to 250 range. These guys are double that and more. Do you have one? Are you connected with the company???
Eugene
[size=14[/size]
Eugene (R1150R)
tlwood28
Lifer

Post by tlwood28 »

twindave wrote:Aeroflow. Nothing better IMHO....comes complete with hardware. Best money spent

http://www.aeroflowscreens.com/R1150R.htm
Pictures would be good. Help a fella out. :smt102
twindave
Basic User
Donating Member #: 724

Post by twindave »

Sorry, I'm not sure how to put pictures on here yet. However, there are several pictures on the website with an R fully equipped. ...hope that helps.

As a side note, the price isn't that bad if you price out the hardware and screens separately for the various brands out there.
Know it, Love it, Ride it
challey
Lifer
Donating Member #: 365

Post by challey »

I will second what Twindave says about Aeroflow. I've used both the BMW Sport Screen and the Aeroflow Sport Half-Fairing and the design, quality, fit and finish of the latter is quite a bit better. The Aeroflow has nicely designed split-screen system that works very well in deflecting air flow. In addition, the Half-Fairing is quite a bit bigger than the Sport Screen and so provides better protection. Finally, Aeroflow is a great company to deal with and they stand squarely behind their products, even beyond the warranty period. This is not to say that the BMW product is shoddy however, only that the Aeroflow is better - BMW could learn a thing or 2 from them when it comes to generating owner loyalty.

There is a substantial cost difference but this is truly a case "getting what you pay for". If you have the money, go with the Aeroflow, if money is an issue, the BMW (either the Sport or Touring screen) can be a decent alternative.

Charlie
'03 R1150R
Life member 365
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
Sunbeemer
Basic User
Donating Member #: 593

Post by Sunbeemer »

I have BMW's Sport Screen and the interchangeable Touring Screen with a Laminar Lip that I intended to use during winter. However, I found the Touring Screen to be LOUD and buffeting. Although the Laminar Lip reduced the buffeting, it is still LOUD, since it channels engine noise up to your helmet.
As a result, I didn't switch to the Touring Screen this winter, and I didn't miss it...

Many have reported here on how well their Aeroflow with Tank Wings (or tank bag) works to reduce airflow, but remember that this is a naked bike, and exposure to the environment is supposed to be one of it's assets! :)
Rich
ADIOS!