Mercedes CLS 55 AMG vs. BMW R1150R

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Piega

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG vs. BMW R1150R

Post by Piega »

Dear all,

leaving in Paris give me the opportunity to use my bike without limits. yesterday I was at a traffic light just out of Paris and arrived near by me a Mercedes CLS 55 AMG with 476CV. This car suppose to cover 0-60 in 4.7 sec, but my bike in 4.4 sec. For 3 traffic lights in a row he won. How that happen...it is only my fault what I shoudl do next.

Piega
Acacia
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Acacia »

"How that happen...it is only my fault what I shoudl do next. "

Try a couple of extra $Kin machinery to be able to compete!

Who knows what else he had under the hood? Badges may be deceptive and not reveal the real beast.
Member #192
"Life is a curve!"
154mph

bike vs car

Post by 154mph »

On my rice bike I did 4 roll on races with a 427 ac cobra replica.
It was pretty even up to 100 mph 1 win two ties and a loss. After
100 that car flat left me.
BobFV1
Basic User

Post by BobFV1 »

Piega - you raced my dream car. I would venture to say that he gets his HP through the drive train to the tires and in contact with the road much more efficiently with all the computerized traction and launch control on that thing.

I think i could take him in the 1/4 mile on my R1...
Bob
2006 R1200GS ADV "Five Charlie"
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

Don't know how new your bike is. Mine is a shade under 10K, and 1-2nd is still a balky, sticky affair. I don't want to zing the motor with a hang-up in N, so I am deliberate with that shift. I've had Chrysler 300s (the new ones) beat me at the light. But it's my 2nd bike, and I'm probably a bit more gentle than I could be.
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
yjleesvrr

Post by yjleesvrr »

This reminds me of the story my high school shop teacher told us of the time he shoehorned a 351 Windsor (a V8) in a Pinto. Evidently, the frame was not designed to handle that much torque. While he had fun with it for a short time, the frame got bent to the point the car stopped being driveable. :lol:

I say this because it sounds like the guy in the Merc had something special going on under the hood or you're being too gentle with your bike when you accelerate.
Member #93, June 2002
'14 BMW R1200RT "Wethead"
'77 BMW R100/7 "Airhead"
solitario11
Basic User

times by pros

Post by solitario11 »

Dont forget that the times where achieve by pros. we dont go around drag racing cars all the time,,the pro know how to go all out and dont give a s--t about clutches and such!
Rafael
R1150R k4
V-STAR 1100 k6
Valley Cottage NY
BobFV1
Basic User

Post by BobFV1 »

yjleesvrr wrote:I say this because it sounds like the guy in the Merc had something special going on under the hood or you're being too gentle with your bike when you accelerate.
YJ - that car most definately has something special going on under the hood, and the Mercedes-Benz factory put it there :wink: He has computerized traction control, F1 type paddle shifters, and arguably the most advanced engine in a production car available anywhere in the world. It's sort of like a three way with Paula Abdul and Mariah Carey! Or maybe even better!
Bob
2006 R1200GS ADV "Five Charlie"