Looking for crash bars

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Looking for crash bars

Post by towerworker »

I'm posting this here because I figure more folks might see this here. I would love to find a set of used crash bars to fit my 2004 R1150R. I'm not overly concerned about appearance as long as they are straight enough to bolt up. Many of you know of the health issue I went thru almost 6 yrs ago, as a result I've dropped the bike several times over the past 3 years, not as strong as I used to be although much better than I was!. Kinda getting tired of sanding and repainting the valve covers after the inevitable scratches. So if you have something that might fit the bill I'd sure love to talk to you about it.

Wayne
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Wooly11
Lifer

Re: Looking for crash bars

Post by Wooly11 »

I have a set. Hepco and Becker. In the spirit of matching rice burners generosity in providing me a tea tray for postage only.
I'd be happy to do the same.
I would be happy to provide bars for free if you can cover postage. Bad news is I'm in Australia. I could work out postage if you provide address.
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

Can you still get the 'Stanton' head guards or something similar?

They're superb.
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Wooly11 wrote:I have a set. Hepco and Becker. In the spirit of matching rice burners generosity in providing me a tea tray for postage only.
I would be happy to provide bars for free if you can cover postage. Bad news is I'm in Australia. I could work out postage if you provide address.

That is an incredible offer! I will be happy to cover postage/shipping. I'll send you a PM.

Wayne
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

riceburner wrote:Can you still get the 'Stanton' head guards or something similar?

They're superb.
I hadn't considered nor looked at those. I've broken two sets of BMW guards in the past two years so I figured I needed something more substantial.
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

Wooly11 wrote:I have a set. Hepco and Becker. In the spirit of matching rice burners generosity in providing me a tea tray for postage only.
Paying it forward: hey Wooly I've got the Rockster mirrors you need, yours for postage, plus that slightly bent Rockster handlebar. Next week when home from travels will ship boxes.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
towerworker
Lifer

Post by towerworker »

Wooley11--

I've sent you a pm but not certain if it actually made it as it doesn't show up in my sent folder. Did you get my message?
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint
Wooly11
Lifer

Post by Wooly11 »

Thanks Sweatmark. I have sent pm. Also towerworker sent crash bars and pm.

These days the world is a small place and great to be able to help out

Thanks to forums like this and common interests things get done that are good for our pastimes