02 R1150R - Throttle Sync

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

BadToTheBown
Donating Member #: 1

Re: 02 R1150R - Throttle Sync

Post by BadToTheBown »

kirby wrote:...BBS screws will be close at 1 to 1-1/2 turns out ...make them the same...
+1 This assumes your throttle body butterflys have not been screwed with, blue torque strip (paint) or no. IF your BBS (Big Brass Screws) are wildly different to get it to idle in spec, I would suspect this. IF you have to adjust these, it's a bit of a bitch but you can do it. Since you've already had so much advice, I won't attempt to confuse you further. If this is the case, please PM me and I can point you. Pairs of throttle bodies are set at the factory on a flow bench to match each other, so it really is best to not change them if they haven't already been monkey'd with ( as suggested by others). I would start out assuming they aren't and you know what to look for if they are monkey'd with. If those BBSs are within 1/2-3/5 turn of each other, you're good. Consider putting new O-rings on them. I typically take them out and clean too. I like to use some silicon grease for reassembly.

Don't forget to set throttle cables at 4K RPM or you might not like it going down the road. Also expect to reset your high idle cable (it's not a choke). If you want to dial in a little timing advance by rotating the crank pick up, now is the time to do it.

Best of luck...
2014 Ducati Hyperstrada (HyperProject)
2005 BMW R1150sR Project Tourer
sykospain
Donating Member #: 1

Re: 02 R1150R - Throttle Sync

Post by sykospain »

Seems to me we need someone on here with a modicum of video production knowledge, including how to crisply and clearly show rock-steady big close-ups of things generally painted black, by means of a good camera technology and decent lighting equipment, to shoot a YouTube video showing this procedure....

Any offers ? Or shall I do it with my expensive new tripod plus SteadyCam kit and lighting rig ?

AL in s.e. Spain
This is the list of people I'd trust with my bike