Winter's coming fast

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Winter's coming fast

Post by Photoguy »

Bummer...I was hoping for another month or so of riding, and maybe things will change, but at the moment temps are in the 30's and there's 6" of snow that fell the other day with more predicted for this week.

Fluids are all changed, battery tender connected, bike is clean and tucked away in a corner of the garage and unless something changes it'll likely stay there until Spring. :(

Just want to say thanks for all the help you guys have provided me this year, it was all really appreciated. =D>

Tundra Dweller
Basic User

Re: Winter's coming fast

Post by Tundra Dweller »

Looking good! Yeah I’m done riding here too. The R will be going on the lift soon for braided brake lines install.
1974 Kawi H-1 500
1975 Norton 850
2002 BMW R1150R
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
2013 BMW GS 650 Sertao
dark_knight87
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by dark_knight87 »

I ride mine all year round (commute to work), only the ice and snow stop proceedings! but I do know where you are coming from and if I had the choice my bike would be tucked up too!

Regards,
Russ
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

That garage is far too neat and tidy.....

;)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Bogdan
Basic User

Post by Bogdan »

Many are not aware that in Colorado there are many warm winter weekends. Since I returned to motorcycling in 1990 there hasn't been a month that I' haven't been able to ride. That's not saying you can hop on every weekend but there's always at least one Saturday or Sunday that's warm enough every February and January. When the Chinook winds come down the Mountain it's positively balmy. Also...at 6,000 feet the sun is very powerful - makes it seem warmer than the thermometer indicates. I do throw in some Stabil 360 - just in case - but, the bike is not tucked away. it's a great feeling, cruising down a clean mountain road, with snow all around you.
Photoguy
Basic User
Donating Member #: 678

Post by Photoguy »

I *wish* we had nice days ahead but typically it's snow and ice until Spring with very cold temps. This time of year is making room for the cars in the garage to get them out of the weather and also to make room for the snowblower which sees a lot of use. :(

The garage only appears tidy, really only for the photo- a consequence of being a photographer! This was after moving a ton of stuff out of the way to get the bike back there and seconds later it was a mess again!

I did come across an old photo of my first 1150 though, staged for a photo and then right back to chaos.

AZBMWRIDER
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by AZBMWRIDER »

Best riding conditions of the year are finally here in the northern Sonoran desert of south central Aridzona .
Overnight lows, 50 F,10 C, daytime highs 75 F, 24, clear, sunny not a cloud to be seen .
'02 R1150R, Atlanta Blue
Been riding since 1979, BMW's since 1981 .
4 R65's, '87 Guzzi V65 Lario .