Who-Da-Thought

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Bogdan
Basic User

Who-Da-Thought

Post by Bogdan »

Maybe nobody cares but I've been using the same Widder electric vest for over 25 years. It was one of a very few choices back then - they're no longer in business. It has been plugged into 3 motorcycles; BMW R65, KLR650 and now my 2004 R1150R. ( I'm moto-monogamous, one bike at a time. ) It needs little packing space and has been all over. ( Yes...it's even useful in Guatemala in the Summer; those early morning mountain rides can be chilly.) At some point I replaced the part of the wiring that attaches to the vest itself; the part that connects with the battery has lasted till last summer when it finally bit the dust. Instead of replacing it I decided to change over to the plug that fits the accessory socket. The vest is now noticeably warmer - who-da-thought.
Mrclubike
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Who-Da-Thought

Post by Mrclubike »

I have had mine for about 4 years now and love it
I use it all the way up into the 60F range
Glad to hear they are robust
Now if i could just stop growing in circumference before it gets to small ](*,)
I am like you but I skipped the KLR
82 R65
04 R1150R
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Re: Who-Da-Thought

Post by towerworker »

I remember the name but never had one. I looked at all the offerings in 2007 when I bought the one I have now. I remember comparing wattage numbers and settled on a Warm & Safe jacket liner in '07. I remember sending them all the dimensions they asked for as they make the liner to fit specifically you. I'll admit some of those demensions are getting a bit "snugger". It's been a great liner that has the ability to keep me warmer than I need to be. Thank goodness for thermostats!
The Older I Get, The Less I know. (in honor of MikeCam
'05 RT
'04 R
'03 R
CB750
KZ750
HD 350 Sprint