R1200R PHOT0 GALLERY

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

VDV
Basic User

Re: R1200R PHOT0 GALLERY

Post by VDV »

Greetings from Spain, here I show my R1200R 2009:

Last edited by VDV on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
fleuger99
Basic User

Post by fleuger99 »

VDV wrote:Greetings from Spain, here I show my R1200R 2009:
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Where in Spain are you located? I had a business trip to Barcelona and Costa Brava and both were great. I noticed when driving my rental car there that riders ride aggresively but always signal when make direction changes.
2012 R1200R | Grey Matt | Safety Pkg | TPMS | On Board Computer | Luggage Rack | VStream Shield
VDV
Basic User

Post by VDV »

fleuger99 wrote:
VDV wrote:Greetings from Spain, here I show my R1200R 2009:
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Where in Spain are you located? I had a business trip to Barcelona and Costa Brava and both were great.
I live in Gandia (Valencia) ;)

Here: http://maps.google.es/maps?q=gandia&hl= ... na&t=m&z=6
Roder
Basic User

Post by Roder »

I noticed when driving my rental car there that riders ride aggresively but always signal when make direction changes.[/quote]

The same like our Californians :-k
VDV
Basic User

Post by VDV »

Roder wrote: The same like our Californians :-k
The hot blood of mediterranean people :D
fleuger99
Basic User

Post by fleuger99 »

VDV wrote:
Roder wrote: The same like our Californians :-k
The hot blood of mediterranean people :D
Here in the North East no one signals and they drive like idiots. Seen many on motocycles doing the same, no signalling and tailgating etc.
2012 R1200R | Grey Matt | Safety Pkg | TPMS | On Board Computer | Luggage Rack | VStream Shield
websterize
Lifer
Donating Member #: 710

Post by websterize »

Fall in Carroll County, Maryland. The truck is for sale.
Last edited by websterize on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
fleuger99
Basic User

Post by fleuger99 »

websterize wrote:

Great Pic :)
Chop96
Lifer

Post by Chop96 »

Quick shot taken last Saturday about 10 miles East of Cumberland, MD. The view from up here was amazing! (over the weeds that is...)

Greg
2010 R1200R Biarritz Blue
hortbum
Lifer

Post by hortbum »

websterize
Lifer
Donating Member #: 710

Post by websterize »

White ages well: A 1941 Ford flathead V8 for sale in Carroll County, Maryland, near Molasses road.
Last edited by websterize on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
dav
Lifer
Donating Member #: 798

Post by dav »

A couple of pics of todays run

2009 R1200R
1981 R65
1968 DUCATI 250 MK3
1975 Suzuki GT380
Chop96
Lifer

Post by Chop96 »

One from yesterday's ride... anyone know where this is? Had to go back and take the picture.

Greg
2010 R1200R Biarritz Blue
SF_Hooligan
Lifer

Post by SF_Hooligan »

Stopped off on Treasure Island on the back into San Francisco today.

Chumley
Basic User
Donating Member #: 138

Post by Chumley »

Wow, I just can't stop looking at the new "Classic" white stripe fender and tank. I give BMW credit for nailing that look on this bike. I just really fits the bikes style.

I think this next year I try to get a paint job copying this and then have my helmet painted like it or maybe the opposite with a black stripe on white.

That paint job is really what makes me want a Classic.

Oh yeah, nice skyline too.

Slight detour... have you been to Tony's Neopolitan Pizza in S.F.? Going to SF next Saturday and was thinking pizza this trip and finish the day with pisco sours at Limon. Something to take the edge off of Christmas shopping for an afternoon.
I don't know of a break in period for life, I guess I'll just live it like I stole it.
Member #138
SF_Hooligan
Lifer

Post by SF_Hooligan »

Chumley wrote:Wow, I just can't stop looking at the new "Classic" white stripe fender and tank. I give BMW credit for nailing that look on this bike. I just really fits the bikes style.

I think this next year I try to get a paint job copying this and then have my helmet painted like it or maybe the opposite with a black stripe on white.

That paint job is really what makes me want a Classic.

Oh yeah, nice skyline too.

Slight detour... have you been to Tony's Neopolitan Pizza in S.F.? Going to SF next Saturday and was thinking pizza this trip and finish the day with pisco sours at Limon. Something to take the edge off of Christmas shopping for an afternoon.
Problem is, the bike is so damn pretty I don't want to touch it. FInally got over that enough to get some handguards (Barkbusters, just arrived from TwistedThrottle tonight). I didn't even want to put a tank bag on it for a while. The nice paint hasn't stopped me from bombing fire roads on it, just makes me careful about mods that don't match the style. Weird, right? :lol:

Haven't been to Tony's. My favorite pizza joint in SF in Patxi's - absolutely amazing Chicago-style pizza. You gotta be able to hang for a while, though - it's a 40 minute pie.

If you're around in the morning and need a break from shopping, check out the Vampires' Kilt Ride. Photos from last year here. I haven't been, but it's supposed to be pretty interesting. 8)
dav
Lifer
Donating Member #: 798

Post by dav »

2009 R1200R
1981 R65
1968 DUCATI 250 MK3
1975 Suzuki GT380
Chumley
Basic User
Donating Member #: 138

Post by Chumley »

Hooligan,

I get the issue of intentionally making a change vs. letting the natural course of use provide battle scars.

That Vampire run sounds interesting, only in SF...

I have been to the Patxis in Palo Alto and it was really good. I also really like the Chicago style pizza at Zachary's in Berkeley, I'm drooling just thinking about it but I think a Chicago style pizza may be the single most calorie dense food on the planet.

The bike is beautiful. I added the GS handguards and wanted to make it look more "street" so I painted the uppers a gloss black. I think it turned the handguards into something different. Just a thought. Here is a link to how they look.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19696&start=20

I think BMW did use the great design skill they show so sparingly these days on that Classic design overall. You lucky bastards.
I don't know of a break in period for life, I guess I'll just live it like I stole it.
Member #138
SF_Hooligan
Lifer

Post by SF_Hooligan »

Chumley wrote:Hooligan,

I get the issue of intentionally making a change vs. letting the natural course of use provide battle scars.

That Vampire run sounds interesting, only in SF...

I have been to the Patxis in Palo Alto and it was really good. I also really like the Chicago style pizza at Zachary's in Berkeley, I'm drooling just thinking about it but I think a Chicago style pizza may be the single most calorie dense food on the planet.

The bike is beautiful. I added the GS handguards and wanted to make it look more "street" so I painted the uppers a gloss black. I think it turned the handguards into something different. Just a thought. Here is a link to how they look.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19696&start=20

I think BMW did use the great design skill they show so sparingly these days on that Classic design overall. You lucky bastards.
There's a Pirate Ride, too. Arrr.

Dig your handguard setup. I just got some Barkbusters from the UPS guy - gonna put 'em on this weekend but they aren't gonna look that nice. Thinking of painting a Givi topcase to match (black with white down the middle) - maybe I'll paint the guards then.
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by deilenberger »

websterize wrote:Image

Looks like on my route to Square Route every year.. I believe I pass that farm..
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!