R1200R PHOT0 GALLERY

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

H1Alpha
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: R1200R PHOT0 GALLERY

Post by H1Alpha »

not to sound naive, but what is "Square Route"
Rich
2012 R1200 RED
2011 R1200R Classic-Total Loss/Accident
Chumley
Basic User
Donating Member #: 138

Post by Chumley »

BTW: I did go to San Francisco and saw the Vampires in kilts on the wharf at Red's. It was clear but cold out and it was just wrong.

Also ate at Tony's Pizza Napolitano. :smt023 Best I've ever had.
I don't know of a break in period for life, I guess I'll just live it like I stole it.
Member #138
SF_Hooligan
Lifer

Post by SF_Hooligan »

Chumley wrote:BTW: I did go to San Francisco and saw the Vampires in kilts on the wharf at Red's. It was clear but cold out and it was just wrong.

Also ate at Tony's Pizza Napolitano. :smt023 Best I've ever had.
Hah! I missed it, unfortunately. Gotta check out Tony's.
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Post by Lost Rider »

My favorite person riding my favorite bike on a short ride in the canyons. :D

Get Lost!
Waratah
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Post by Waratah »

ChiTown wrote:My favorite person riding my favorite bike on a short ride in the canyons. :D
ChiTown, I'm going through the decision-making process of buying my next bike of which a 2012 R1200R is top of the list. I've viewed many of the R1200R pics you've posted on this forum (and on your blog), all very helpful in assessing the R12R. Thank you so much for posting.

P.S. Currently 1:10pm on Sunday Jan 1st in Sydney; come join us in 2012, you'll enjoy the weather. :)
Currently own a 1988 R100RS, would love a 2012 R12R
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

OK, a few more of Nancy rocking the 1200R in the Malibu canyons. (she looks good from behind, eh?) :smt111
With all the places this bike has been, it's nice to get a different perspective and see she's right at home with Nancy flinging her around, (we) love this bike!

Thank you Waratah, glad I could be of assistance. :mrgreen:
Big plans for the 12R, more photos to come.
Get Lost!
SF_Hooligan
Lifer

Post by SF_Hooligan »

Lost Rider wrote:Big plans for the 12R, more photos to come.
Bigger plans than riding the hell out of it all over the place? Wow - can't wait to see what's in store. :smt023
Rolando33
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 872

Post by Rolando33 »

ChiTown/LostRider----your shots make me fall in love with my bike every time. Thanks for posting those shots with Nancy. Now if only I could get my girl to love that bike as much as you and I do, and forget the Harleys.
'11 BMW F800R
'08 BMW R1200R
'07 BMW R1200S
'84 BMW R100
Rrider
Donating Member #: 744

Post by Rrider »

Chitown's photos inspire me too. And I'm glad to see another girl rider on the road!
07 Black R1200R
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

Last edited by Lost Rider on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get Lost!
Rrider

Post by Rrider »

Speaking of inspiring photos, you've helped me make a decision. I'm going to buy a skid plate today.
07 Black R1200R
Rrider

Post by Rrider »

07 Black R1200R
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Post by angellr »

Just a friendly reminder about this Topic (some joined after this got started). Quoted from the FIRST post as follows:
This is the place to post your photos of your beloved R1200R.

The purpose of this post is to provide an interesting and varied photo gallery of this wonderful machine in various locations around the world, for the enjoyment of forum members and visitors.

The gallery comprises photos submitted exclusively by forum members of their bikes and the locations they visit.

PLEASE KEEP THIS POST FOR PHOTOS, NOT FOR BANTER
Just pics here folks, thank you!
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Lost Rider
Basic User

Baja Sur

Post by Lost Rider »

Get Lost!
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

Looking back through all the pages of this thread, it seems it's been a nice compilation of photos, information exchanged, and various positive comments. Without ever getting out of control.
I mean, do we really need to not comment on a good photo, or ask someone about what this or that is bolted to one's bike? I believe that the OP intended for us to keep the "photos" SPIRIT going in this thread. I'd ask him what he thinks about it, but he sold his R and has moved on.
It's not really been that way ever with no comments in this thread....
In theory a thread with just photos sounds good, but if all of us stay within reason it seems that a "general" thread with short "conversations" is much more interesting and benefits all of us more so than "just photos", IMHO.
Even the "photo" threads on ADV and MOA have comments..... and generally are self-regualted by the people who are doing the talking feeling obligated to stay "on topic" and post more photos, which is the point. :D Obviously I or anyone else should take discussions on a single topic with more than a couple of posts to a proper thread.

Personally, I appreciate a supportive comment after I've taken the time to make a photo, upload it, and post it. I also like the freedom to ask a question to a fellow R rider about something interesting to me about their bike. Or reply to a comment about my photo. Seems most of us who've posted here in this thread have and do too.....
I guess I can just start a R1200R PHOTOS and COMMENTS THREAD, but I still need the higher powers to sticky it and it seems counter productive since we already have a good, active Photo thread right here.

OK, I'll just shut up.....back to photos of the R1200R!

Riding The Snake in Malibu.
rockstorephotos.com wanted $30 for this jpeg (not even a RAW file) so I figured I'll just give him photo credit with free promotion and save $30..... ;)

Still, I was having fun helping the one piece leather wearing, all red, loud sexy Ducati sport bike guy who's tail I was on feel inferior with my wide, loaded, civilized pin-striped Boxer. 8)
Get Lost!
angellr

Post by angellr »

Lost Rider wrote:Looking back through all the pages of this thread, it seems it's been a nice compilation of photos, information exchanged, and various positive comments. Without ever getting out of control.
I mean, do we really need to not comment on a good photo, or ask someone about what this or that is bolted to one's bike? I believe that the OP intended for us to keep the "photos" SPIRIT going in this thread. I'd ask him what he thinks about it, but he sold his R and has moved on.
It's not really been that way ever with no comments in this thread....
In theory a thread with just photos sounds good, but if all of us stay within reason it seems that a "general" thread with short "conversations" is much more interesting and benefits all of us more so than "just photos", IMHO.
Even the "photo" threads on ADV and MOA have comments..... and generally are self-regualted by the people who are doing the talking feeling obligated to stay "on topic" and post more photos, which is the point. :D Obviously I or anyone else should take discussions on a single topic with more than a couple of posts to a proper thread.

Personally, I appreciate a supportive comment after I've taken the time to make a photo, upload it, and post it. I also like the freedom to ask a question to a fellow R rider about something interesting to me about their bike. Or reply to a comment about my photo. Seems most of us who've posted here in this thread have and do too.....
I guess I can just start a R1200R PHOTOS and COMMENTS THREAD, but I still need the higher powers to sticky it and it seems counter productive since we already have a good, active Photo thread right here.

OK, I'll just shut up.....back to photos of the R1200R!

Riding The Snake in Malibu.
rockstorephotos.com wanted $30 for this jpeg (not even a RAW file) so I figured I'll just give him photo credit with free promotion and save $30..... ;)

Still, I was having fun helping the one piece leather wearing, all red, loud sexy Ducati sport bike guy who's tail I was on feel inferior with my wide, loaded, civilized pin-striped Boxer. 8)
I will step in here since I brought it to everyone's attention in a previous post about how this thread should be used.

Joe, you make some very valid points. Wondering if this thread should be retired and a new one started with discussion, etc? Believe this one was used for R12 calendar pics.

PM me with your thoughts/comments if this matters to you. Thanks.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Rrider

Post by Rrider »

I share Joe's sentiments and wish we could make comments and ask questions about the photos. Sometimes I want to know how the photo was made or where it was taken or have the ability to say "Nice one."
07 Black R1200R
SF_Hooligan
Lifer

Post by SF_Hooligan »

angellr wrote:I will step in here since I brought it to everyone's attention in a previous post about how this thread should be used.

Joe, you make some very valid points. Wondering if this thread should be retired and a new one started with discussion, etc? Believe this one was used for R12 calendar pics.

Rrider wrote:I share Joe's sentiments and wish we could make comments and ask questions about the photos. Sometimes I want to know how the photo was made or where it was taken or have the ability to say "Nice one."
I agree. When I saw the shush! post, I rolled my eyes and wondered to myself if I'd bother to continue posting here. I'm pretty new 'round here, but I've already paid for a membership because it's a good resource and I'm happy to help foot the bill. I have many years of experience posting on other boards in various "worlds" and the concept of not responding to photo posts with "hey, cool photo!" "where was that?" or "what's that part on your bike?" rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't bother posting because as I said, I'm new 'round these parts and I didn't want to break the rules. :lol:

But seriously - why start another thread? Why not just not worry about banter in this one?
angellr

Post by angellr »

SF_Hooligan wrote:
angellr wrote:I will step in here since I brought it to everyone's attention in a previous post about how this thread should be used.

Rrider wrote:I share Joe's sentiments and wish we could make comments and ask questions about the photos. Sometimes I want to know how the photo was made or where it was taken or have the ability to say "Nice one."
I agree. When I saw the shush! post, I rolled my eyes and wondered to myself if I'd bother to continue posting here. I'm pretty new 'round here, but I've already paid for a membership because it's a good resource and I'm happy to help foot the bill. I have many years of experience posting on other boards in various "worlds" and the concept of not responding to photo posts with "hey, cool photo!" "where was that?" or "what's that part on your bike?" rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't bother posting because as I said, I'm new 'round these parts and I didn't want to break the rules. :lol:

But seriously - why start another thread? Why not just not worry about banter in this one?
The SHUSH post was meant to respect what the OP had intended, as this was a collection spot for the yearly calendar and not meant for discussion, banter or hijacking of said thread. Stay tuned.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
Lost Rider
Basic User

Post by Lost Rider »

SF_Hooligan wrote:
angellr wrote: But seriously - why start another thread? Why not just not worry about banter in this one?

While I do agree, Bob made a good point to me of sticking with following thread topics and rules set by the forum or by the OP.
While I obviously don't like rules and constraints in general, I've always been a big fan of keeping this R1200R forum "on topic" and keeping the non-R1200R or riding gear discussions in the other forums where they belong.
I stand behind my post with wanting a photo thread with discussion, and this one was indeed started for a calendar and Rocket didn't want banter. We could ignore that and keep going the way it's been, but that makes the Mods job harder when they do enforce the same rules elsewhere. I have to respect that, and the Mods for doing there thankless job.
SO with that said I've started another photo thread with no rules, just a general spirit.
I'm not sure what they will decide to do about what is sticky'd, having 2 photo thread will be very confusing..... but I invite you all to join me in sharing and discussing photos in the Freedom thread! :lol:
Get Lost!