Parabellum fairing anyone?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

bhmav8r
Basic User

Parabellum fairing anyone?

Post by bhmav8r »

Thinking of buying a Parabellum fairing, maybe 20 or 22 inch windscreen for touring use.

Any opinions out there?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce.
PaulLP
Basic User

Re: Parabellum fairing anyone?

Post by PaulLP »

Really like the fairing. Use it most of the time around town with the 10" sport fairing. I am 6'7" tall so had Parabellum make me a 24" clear windscreen for touring purposes. Tried it out for a couple of hours. Hated the way it looks, but it really did quiet things down. But when hit with sudden changes of wind, like when passing a big truck, it gave a disconcerting "tug" on the bars, nothing too bad but will have to get used to it if I am going to use it for road trips.
Mine is color matched to the bike (matte grey 2012) Looks wise originally preferred the R w/o the fairing, but have grown used to it and now think it helps balance the look of the bike.
Pretty simple install, sturdy build, and good people at Parabellum.
Not sure how to attach an image, I do not use any photo sharing sites.
La Jolla, California
2012 R1200R
mogu83
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by mogu83 »

Have the Parabellum on the bike for well over 60,000 miles. A couple of parking lot roll overs didn't break anything and quite a few hundred miles on moderately rough dirt roads haven't cracked anything. Good protection on the road and I like the way it looks, my opinion.

Around town city bags and 10" screen:

On the road 20" screen stock bags:
Harry Costello -- Jersey Shore
2007 R1200R
1974 + 75 CB125S
1971 R75
2011 Sportster
BMWMOA 57358
MTBeemer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1043

Post by MTBeemer »

mogu83 wrote:Have the Parabellum on the bike for well over 60,000 miles. A couple of parking lot roll overs didn't break anything and quite a few hundred miles on moderately rough dirt roads haven't cracked anything. Good protection on the road and I like the way it looks, my opinion.

Around town city bags and 10" screen:

On the road 20" screen stock bags:
Sums up my experiences and opinions quite well ++++
Kevin Huddy
Intrepid Incompetent
Canyon Creek, MT
Team Pterodactyl Montana Outpost
roger l
Donating Member #: 1

Post by roger l »

I have a Parabellum Scout fairing on my R1200R and I love it. I have the 20" windshield. When I first installed the fairing on the bike I was having problems with buffeting on my helmet. I tried tipping the fairing back and that did not help. What I found was the windshield was not wide enough and the air was rolling in and buffeting on the sides of my helmet. I ended up adding some "wings" to each side of the windshield to push the air out and the buffeting problem was solved. I like the look of the fairing on the bike. I have mounted auxiliary lights to the fairing as well.

I bought my fairing from one of the guys on this forum. It came unpainted with (3) windshields.

Roger L
kbnesbitt
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by kbnesbitt »

I bought my fairing and windshields from a board member, and have been pleased with it. I have been using my 10" shield most of the time, because I found that the 20" has two minor issues; some head buffeting while driving, and the screen blocks the flow of cooling air through the vents in my helmet. I think it will be great for protection during the fall riding season.

Hope this helps you.
Ken Nesbitt

2007 R1200R
1973 Honda CB350 (long term project)
Newportcycle
Basic User

Post by Newportcycle »

I've had good luck with mine, 20" shield installed. Quited things down greatly, I experience some buffeting at the vents on the top of my helmet, but ride with my face shield open most of the time so the sheild covers the vents quieting things down. I like the extra protection keeps all wind from my torso, making long days in the saddle pretty comfortable and not so wearing.