GIVI Trekker Side Cases

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Antoine31
Basic User

GIVI Trekker Side Cases

Post by Antoine31 »

I'm trying to decide which side cases to get for my new Dark White R1200R, and wondering if anyone has put Givi Trekker panniers on their bike. I think they would look kinda cool.
angellr
Donating Member #: 860

Re: GIVI Trekker Side Cases

Post by angellr »

Antoine31 wrote:I'm trying to decide which side cases to get for my new Dark White R1200R, and wondering if anyone has put Givi Trekker panniers on their bike. I think they would look kinda cool.
On my Dark White I decided to go with Kriega softbags for those times when I WANT to carry something. Bags are nice, however, have been able to get by just fine without them.
-Bob-

2014 R1200R - Dark White
2007 R1200R - SOLD
P_Jensen
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1130

Post by P_Jensen »

You will have to go with something other than the Givi mounts, perhaps the SW-Motech ones available from Twisted Throttle. The Givi mounts are designed for the the V35 cases only not any of the standard monkey cases. I went with the V35's, enough space for some light touring, while keeping the look of the bike small and light. The bag frame work is removed with 5 quick fastners (Zeus style) and then there are only a couple of small pieces (below the passenger peg and the front mounting point) left on the bike. I also think the shape of the cases compliments the bike.
P Jensen
14 R1200R
Montego Blue
NW VT USA
SL
Basic User

Post by SL »

Consider Shad luggage
http://www.shadusa.com/en/shad-usa/

The same company that makes BMW Luggage in Spain
In other words, the company that makes the luggage for BMW motorcycles is called Shad , located in Spain
Don C
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Don C »

Funny,
I thought the the BMW luggage was mage by JDEHA.
http://jdeha.de/English.php
SL
Basic User

Post by SL »

http://www.shad.es/en/shad-usa/company/oem-cases/c19/

Well , maybe I am a little right and more wrong , but not completely wrong
P_Jensen
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1130

Post by P_Jensen »

The Shad website does not list a mounting system for side cases, only a top case and you can not add side cases because it uses the side case mounting points. Shad does make plastic parts for BMW, they made the seat pans for the R1150R models. I also think they they make the side cases for the F850GT, it has the same bottom tray as the Shad cases.
P Jensen
14 R1200R
Montego Blue
NW VT USA