More on new R12R with Video

Ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the new 2015 r12r lc. R1200RS info goes in here too!

Moderator: Moderators

CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Re: More on new R12R with Video

Post by CycleRob »

Looks fugly to me. TeleLever replaced by an UpSideDown (USD) fork #-o [-X . . . seems to ignore the BMW faithful in favor of enlisting new BMW riders. The alternator is now a direct drive, rare-earth permanent magnet type at the rear of the engine, and very hard to get at. On the bright side, the fantastic water cooled DOHC motor/clutch/tranny are finally at the design, performance, serviceability and reliability levels of the best Japanese bikes.
`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--
Don C
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Don C »

To me the new bike looks a bit like the old K100, not so good. But its growing on me. First ride reports are showing up now.
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/revie ... cle-review
Clem
Basic User

Post by Clem »

Yes, BMW has done a good job of incorporating some Japanese bike technology.
Having ridden the R9T and R_LC versions, I'm more in love with my 2012 Roadster, and less a fan of the new models.
peels
Basic User

Post by peels »

yeah I watched a few youtube vids this weekend. I think the bike looks awful nice going down the road. If it didnt have the motor hanging out in the breeze on both sides, you wouldnt know it was a beemer though. Sounds good too. Im excited.

But, Ill wait til my dealer gets one to pass judgment LOL

also noticed, though not sure it matters...but to me, the front susp. seemed to dip quite a bit heading into turns under braking...thats based on a gopro view directly at it...not a review or ride.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.