Parting Out Sale Feeler Thread

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Would you buy my stuff and send me yours?

Hell yes, I love me a good deal on quality stuff I probably wouldn't buy new.
71%
Hell no, I would never want anything that was on your bike, even if it is free.
29%

Total votes: 7

Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Parting Out Sale Feeler Thread

Post by Lost Rider »

So I'm thinking about parting out my 07' before I sell it, would anyone be interested in buying/trading some stuff?
I'm not listing prices since this is not the For Sale forum, but lets just say in most cases the price would be less than half of retail.
I'm just trying to get a feel if people would want to get a good deal on good used parts and be willing to trade their OEM stuff for mine + cash.
I would sell my "upgrades" and need your OEM parts as part of the transaction...
You know that thing of keeping all the stuff you replace?
Yeah, I didn't do that.
I would be willing to send you the stuff, allow you to swap and then return the OEM parts to me. If you are somewhat local to me there's always a possibility of a "bundle deal" where I would do the swaps with you.

Of course if I go this route I will post up detailed photos and prices in the for sale section.

I have:

Items needing a trade back:

Ohlins, serviced last year, less than 7,000 (Nancy riding) miles on them and currently setup for a 140 pound rider with gear. I also have the "standard" rear spring for 180 pound riders that would be included, the front doesn't need a different spring for "normal" weight, just a preload adjustment. Shock socks for both included.

Akropovic titanium exhaust. I'd rate it a 7 out of 10. There's no major damage or dents, but there are some scuffs on the bottom from dropping the bike in sand. Looks good still and sounds a hell of a lot better than OEM.

Vario levers - good condition no damage, used. 8 out of 10 condition rating

Ohlins steering damper - serviced last year, less than 7,000 miles, perfect condition.

Items NOT needing a trade back, but would consider one for the seat(s):

Bill Mayer Saddle 6 out of 10. Good, albeit well used condition.

BMW OEM low seat, like new condition.

BMW touring screen, 5 out of 10. Well used, seen many miles, no damage but well scuffed from "Lost" use.

Z-Technik Screen with bracket, no hardware. Well used "Lost" condition. 6 out 10

Bazzaz Fuel controller.

Either that or someone can give me $4000 for the bike with all the goodies and I'll even deliver it within 500 miles.... :mrgreen:
Get Lost!
jmckeown
Basic User

Re: Parting Out Sale Feeler Thread

Post by jmckeown »

Would love to get my hands on the touring screen and ohlins. Not sure I can come up with the scratch for the ohlins, but I'll try.

Want any guitars? ;)
Lost Rider
Basic User
Donating Member #: 514

Re: Parting Out Sale Feeler Thread

Post by Lost Rider »

Thank you for the response and PM's.
I had to fly out of town for work suddenly and when I get home this coming week I will start a thread in the For Sale section with photos and prices. I'll reply here too when that thread goes live.

Cheers!
Get Lost!