NOT missing my VFR

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

dublflush
Basic User

NOT missing my VFR

Post by dublflush »

Hi all ! I traded my 2010 Honda vfr1200f for a 2012 R1200R. While the vfr was an extremely capable high performance machine, I couldn't deal with the ergos of the bike. Even lowering the pegs and switching handlebars was not enough relief for my 56 y.o. body. Other than that, the fueling sucked on the vfr.
I thought I would miss the power of the vfr, but 99% of the time the r1200r with its excellent torque is more than enough!
This bike handles the mountain rds around here better than the honda (up to about 80mph) as the better fueling makes for a more fluid ride.
I have also done a couple of multi thousand mile tours on the Beemer and it has been a great confidence inspiring machine on these trips! This bike is an EXCELLENT ALL AROUNDER!!But you guys all know that.
Also wanted to add thanks to all members of this site , as i combed this site for info on the bike before i purchased it. Lots of good stuff on this site. Thanks!
peels
Basic User

Re: NOT missing my VFR

Post by peels »

VFR is a GREAT bike.

BUt you are correct. R-R makes you want to stay on it longer. And handling is fantastic.

good luck and ride safe.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
stratus17
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: NOT missing my VFR

Post by stratus17 »

My previous bike was a beautiful red 2007 VFR800 ABS. My current bike is a 2008 R1200R and is fantastic but the VFR with its fairing and touring screen make a much quieter ride. So I do miss it a little.