Farkle fitting advice please

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

Eagle6
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Farkle fitting advice please

Post by Eagle6 »

Hi, collected my R last night and have a few things to transfer across from the TEX.

The Garmin I'll fit to the bars for the time being and a search shows there is a "spare" connection in the wiring to use for this purpose. Is this connector behind the black plastic tank shroud? Just wondering where to put the "miles" of cable and electronic boxes that now come with the 350/390 models.

The best solution I've seen for the Gerbings controller was a guy who fixed it to the right handlebar mount. Can I power the Gerbings by taking a power tail off the aux socket near the seat to give me a live when ignition on?

I've struck lucky in that the bars on the 2012 are the same "fat" bars that are fitted to the TEX and my Rox risers will fit. A search shows that there is a "some fit" and "some don't" with regard to risers and the brake and clutch hydraulic cables. Looking at mine they seem extremely tight with hardly any play at all.

Any advice gratefully accepted.
2017 R1200R Exclusive rusted away so back with the real thing 2012 R1200R TC
P_Jensen
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1130

Re: Farkle fitting advice please

Post by P_Jensen »

Aux socket is limited to 5 amps (60 watts) not enough for Electric clothing. You will need to hard wire to battery or add a aux fuse panel for extras.
P Jensen
14 R1200R
Montego Blue
NW VT USA
winkeldc
Basic User

Post by winkeldc »

The aux GPS cable is behind the black panel, you need to stick your hand back there to feel it out. Mine was loose in a zip tie connection so I could just feel my way to pull it out without removing anything but the black tank panel. There is a picture on the forum somewhere from when someone first wired that for a aftermarket GPS. I can't recall who or where, but a search for the GPS power should get you the picture.
Eagle6
Basic User

Post by Eagle6 »

Rox risers went on OK. Snipped a couple of zip-ties to give a bit of slack.
May get extended clutch and brake lines at a later date as they are nearly on their limit.

Catchina
Lifer
Donating Member #: 998

Post by Catchina »

Looks good. You have a coozie for the front brake fluid?
2011 R1200R RED
1996 Virago XV 750
Eagle6
Basic User

Post by Eagle6 »

Previous owner - not my style.

Keep checking to see if tea's still hot. LOL