Leaving the World of R

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

kbnesbitt
Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Leaving the World of R

Post by kbnesbitt »

Over the past four years, I have enjoyed riding my 2007 R, but I was always wondering what the next bike would be. The new RS looked nice, but I didn't want to give up my Telelever suspension and my comfy riding position. This narrowed it down to a GS or a RT, but the prices were still quite high for the camhead versions, and there wasn't enough difference between these bikes and mine to warrant buying a hexhead version. My local dealer had recently received a used '15 RT with less than 1000 miles, and the price was very reasonable, in comparison to the camheads, so I made the decision to upgrade.

I have enjoyed being a board member, and will still continue to drop by and read the postings. It is still a big jump, and only time will tell how much I will like this bike compared to my R, but regardless of whatever bikes I buy, I will still continue to think fondly about my first BMW.

Thanks, and hope to see you down the road.
Ken Nesbitt

2007 R1200R
1973 Honda CB350 (long term project)
dbrick
Lifer
Donating Member #: 902

Re: Leaving the World of R

Post by dbrick »

Best wishes, Ken. Ride on!

Sometimes these things turn out differently than we'd imagined. Back in 1988, I decided to leave BMW and try something else. I bought a near-new Yamaha FJ1200: it was smooth and fast and comfortable. I just hated it and sold it 13 days later.
David Brick
Santa Cruz CA
2007 R1200R
priors: R50, R50, R69, R69S, R65, FJ1200, K75S, R1100RSL
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by deilenberger »

Good luck with the new bike Ken, been a pleasure having your participation here!
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
winkeldc
Basic User

Post by winkeldc »

Congrats on the new bike! Definitely pop back here and post an update about the transition, I'm considering moving that way myself in the next couple of years.