R1200R value?

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1200R.

Moderator: Moderators

thepeacebullgrunt
Lifer
Donating Member #: 952

R1200R value?

Post by thepeacebullgrunt »

Hello!

It's been a while here...
About to buy a new RR therefore I thought I could get some inputs regarding of the price I could start negotiating for it?

R1200R .. 2007 with 21000 miles What would be your guess as far as min to max price?

Bike appear pristine I must say
ZTheknic windshield
BMW Side luggage's
Upgraded heating handles
Flashing stop light
Protect cylinders
Road Pilots Tires at %50
ABS, linked brakes... not sure yet if there is a DST.
Pain is Ignorance this is why it really hurt...
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: R1200R value?

Post by deilenberger »

$4,000-$7,000. FWIW - I sold my '07 with 97,000 miles on it, pristine, for $5,000 when I bought my '12 with about 1,000 miles on it for $10,000 - that was 3 years ago. The one you're looking at has low miles, which is good provided it was used continuously, and serviced correctly (brake fluid every 2 years, oil change yearly, etc.) but it has the ZTechnic windshield which was never a favorite around here - and that means it doesn't have the BMW touring windshield mount that all the other windshield companies made windshields to fit. Unfortunately, I just gave away the touring mount I had sitting around here, and it had been modified to tilt the shield back a bit - greatly reducing turbulence. The BMW mount is probably still available from BMW if you want to throw some cash away. Perhaps find one used.. How old are the Pilot Roads? They may be too old to be safe.. (look for the 4 number code in the oval window on the side of the tire, first two numbers indicate the week, second two the year they were made.) More than 5 years and they're undoubtedly hardened up. Probably be OK as long as it doesn't rain.
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!
Terry Kronlund
Basic User

Post by Terry Kronlund »

There is one in Ellensburg Wa. Similarly outfitted with 14,000 miles for $5500. I think that price is to low. So I would say 6 to 7 thousand, depending on area you live. The ones below 6K go quick around here and the over 7K are on craigslist for awhile. I personally think the is the best bike no one knows about. With the low miles on your bike, I am curious as to why are you buying a new one?
My wife's 2009 R1200R has 62,000 miles on it. 38,000 she has put on herself. Just put Hyperpro shocks on it. Big difference.
Mine is a 2010 R1200R, 46,000 miles. I loved her bike so much I just had to get one:-)
deilenberger
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by deilenberger »

Ferde,,

You'd have to fly out and ride back - but there is one for sale in NJ, 2011 Red, 11,000 miles - $6,000 with bags. Looks nice. I could go look at it for you. The woman selling it has one person coming Sunday to look at it - if it doesn't sell to them - she'll contact me. I could pick you up at the Atlantic City airport, that's not far at all from where the bike is (Mays Landing..)

You have my number - give me a text if you are interested.

Don
Don Eilenberger - NJ Shore
2012 R1200R - I love this bike!