New Project, R1100R.

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

JimVonBaden
Basic User

New Project, R1100R.

Post by JimVonBaden »

Picked up this near basket case for a song for my next winter project. Bad clutch (with a new pack in a box), bad battery, rust and corrosion everywhere. I'm thinking just to strip it down, clean it good, change out the tires and brake lines/pads, repaint the driveline black, and the bodywork white with an added 1/4 fairing and white wheels.

The battery never recovered, even on life support. I swapped in a new/used battery and it fired right up, after sitting more than a year, same half tank of gas. Everything works but the low beam.
bigfoot46
Basic User

Re: New Project, R1100R.

Post by bigfoot46 »

hi this is not a quick but a serious project to get clean and cool again.

There is an RT exhaust mounted. I did the same on my R850R but the support for the left case support is in a really temporary state. Works but looks ugly. Can you send some picture/drawing from the adaptor?

you can find pictures of my ride on https://www.bmwrtforum.nl/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=13042 In dutch
JimVonBaden
Basic User

Post by JimVonBaden »

Yeah, lots of work.

Here are a couple of photos of the accessory mount from BMW.

WildeKurt
Basic User

Post by WildeKurt »

That looks like my '96 I'm fixing to resuscitate. Somewhat rougher though. Looks like it's been left out in the rain.