Tank bag advice

Topics related to the ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the R1100R.

Moderator: Moderators

decimus
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Tank bag advice

Post by decimus »

I'm shopping around for a tank bag for my '96 R1100R and would like to hear if any of you are just gaga over your tank bag. :D
So many out there to choose from; hard to know what's quality and what's not. Thanks y'all!
1996 R1100R "Raquel"
1971 R75/5 "Bertha"
omg1010
Basic User

Re: Tank bag advice

Post by omg1010 »

Hi decimus. I have a 1998 R1100R and ever since I bought it I have a small magnetic bag from a German manufacturer "Held" (see here http://shop.held.de/held_de/zubehor/rei ... /pino.html)

Nice little thingy which has never let me down and takes the essential travel utilities, map, drink, phone and whatever may be required.

Best regards
Oliver
aussybum
Basic User

Post by aussybum »

u can try one from the Oxford range of bags.i use a small magnetuc one.cute nice size to throw in the wallet,tissues,passport and other small items
philbytx
Basic User

Post by philbytx »

I installed Big Mak tank bags on both my R1150Rt and R1100R. Just flip them up and fuel up.....easy to remove.
Phil C.
2003 R1150RT "DaRTh"
2000 R1100R "LeRoy
miker1100r
Basic User

Post by miker1100r »

Ditto on the Big Mak tank bag line. I like them because the bag never comes in contact with the tank so it doesn't scuff up the paint.

Mike
Mike
1998 R1100R
cycleman
Basic User

Post by cycleman »

I use the Bagster system. Consists of a tank cover & then an attachable tank bag that easily lifts up for fuel. Its not a cheap alternative but does work well and are well made.

Just query Bagster and you'll find them. They are made in England and very poplular in Europe.
richierex
Basic User

Post by richierex »

Hi. They are actually made in France by Baglux, Bagster is the English importer. check out the French Tri-color on every cover.

I have used them on all my recent bikes and have one on order for my R1150R in dark red, its lighter than the other red option which is a bit of a maroon colour. I have an older 850 with a moroon seat, tank cover and bag. They are three different shades, it looks a mess but works so I am sticking with a black bag now on the 1150.
daytonaredeye
Lifer
Donating Member #: 667

Post by daytonaredeye »

I still have the BMW brand tank bag I bought along with my bike in 2000. Have had to replace the elastic straps on the front which hook onto the latches on the handlebars once but still in pretty good shape. Until it disintegrates into dust will continue to use it. Lots of my ridding buddies use the magnetic tank bags and they seem convenient. One of the cons of my bag is having to unhook the front straps to move the bag when refueling but it holds a ton of stuff. See image below.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1970302/
d
West Georgia
'00 R1100R
Lifer # 667