Starting and running problems

This forum houses topics related to other BMW bikes that dont have their own forum (s1000r, r9t, K1200R, F800, r1250r, GS, HP2, HP4, F, K bikes, etc), or upcoming machines

Moderator: Moderators

geordiecarpenter
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Starting and running problems

Post by geordiecarpenter »

Hi Guy's
I've got a problem with my 1150 rt 2004, it will start run for about 1 min the pack up but when I try to start it again it sounds like the battery is flat also my fuel warning light come on even with a full tank. As it packed up on me on the way to work breakdown give me a jump start but it hiccuped about 3 times, I rode it home and all was well left it for 10 mins the tried to start it again but all I got was the clicking sound of a flat battery. Took the battery off put it on charge over night and tried it again, bike started and then packed up. So any ideas would be grateful as what it could be. Was thinking of changing the fuel filter do you think that may help. Many Thanks. :( :(
def
Basic User
Donating Member #: 1

Re: Starting and running problems

Post by def »

Is the alternator charging the battery? Are all the battery connections clean and secure? Is the battery itself in good shape? Have it load tested.
I'm an old man...leave me alone
omg1010
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Starting and running problems

Post by omg1010 »

Sounds like your battery has gone south. Fuel filter change depends on when it was last changed. Get a new battery first ...

Brgds
Oliver