Turn signal help

This forum houses topics related to other BMW bikes that dont have their own forum (s1000r, r9t, K1200R, F800, r1250r, GS, HP2, HP4, F, K bikes, etc), or upcoming machines

Moderator: Moderators

macp
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Turn signal help

Post by macp »

Hi guys a little help please :D

I would really appreciative some help & advice re the turn signals on my R850R. For whatever reason I have white lenses on the front and orange/amber on the rear.I noted the fronts have clear bulbs too which I thought odd. So why dont I leave them alone I hear you say well the lens is damaged on one of the fronts and both of the lenses and one signal body are damaged at the rear also.

So can I just swop the rear lenses to clear or can I just swop the front lenses to Orange ?

Do I have to change the whole turn signal units themselves ?

What about the bulbs ?

Thankyou in advance
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Re: Turn signal help

Post by Buckster »

I'm not sure if this helps or not. I changed my front bulbs to silver (they are amber when lit) and the front lenses to clear. I did it just because I liked the look. I left the back alone with the stock setup of clear bulbs with amber lenses. It was just a matter of preference. You can do it anyway you want.
Buckster '03R
Shakey
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 961

Post by Shakey »

I believe you ought to be able to go either way. That is bulbs or lenses.

Either can be bought online at Nippy Normans

Personally, for enhanced visibility to other road users I prefer the LED units.
Martin
Pas D'elle yeux rhone que nous!
omg1010
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by omg1010 »

I thought you either have to have clear lenses and yellow bulbs or yellow lenses and clear bulbs ... I also prefer the tiny LED signals instead of the turnsignal "lamps" supplied by BMW.

Brgds
Oliver