ABSECTOMY of iABS R1200CL speedometer issue

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

we22192
Basic User

ABSECTOMY of iABS R1200CL speedometer issue

Post by we22192 »

2004 R1200cl....Sadly I watched the youtube video without reading the all the web chatter (I cut the ABS wiring harnes at the connector so no option to solder it back.) The brakes came out great, had to use 2 5-pin accessory relays (not 4 pin since they are normally open and wont work for this application) to get the brake lights to work. Took it for a drive and "RATS" no speedo but great brakes. I had the front brake crossover line made at HOW Rubber in Oklahoma City ($110). Rear was simple just repurposed one of the metal lines and fittings.

I saw the post where a someone used a VR sensor in place of the OEM hall effect ABS sensor with 6 magetic bolts.

Anyone know what vr sensor was used? how did you wire it to the speedometer? Can I assume since my odemeter illuminates that 12Vdc and ground are still intact and the BLGN is still intact as it goes to the cruise control and the turn signal modules. Therefore can I assume all I need is to connect

BLBR = sensor voltage source
BLGE = sensor return current

If that is true what wire from the vr speed sensor go to BLBR and which to BLGE.

do you still have a rign availabe?