I survived

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Hawkeye
Basic User

I survived

Post by Hawkeye »

Had a very lucky crash 2 weeks ago.The sun was in my eyes and did not see a rh corner cumming up.
I was doing about 120ks and ended up going the only route possible, straight ahead on a gravel road. It was 37m then a deer gate. I hit it, blew it off the hinges and ended on my ass.
I ended up with some bruises only and road the bike home. The poor bike now has a shorter front guard, dented tank. bent bars, broken tail light, screen and speedo light cover damage.
Not bad considering the shape of the deer gate which is pipe and mesh.
I will fix it all myself but doe's anyone know a cheeper place to get the tank stickers for the green machine.
They are about 90US$ plus P&P each.
I will be asking if it can be done on a c&c machine.
Its been only my second crash in 47 years of riding so not to bad. Awake up call though.
trickytree
Donating Member #: 1159

Re: I survived

Post by trickytree »

Good news that yourself and the Rockster live to fight another day. As you say, a wake up call, a couple of seconds out of 47 years with your eye off the ball and bang!
Theres a very high accident rate where I live in Lincolnshire, especially from people visiting the county.......long fast straights with a 90 degree bend at the end and (sometimes, but not always!) a farm track shooting straight ahead. Being mostly reclaimed land there's nearly always a drainage ditch either side of the road so it often ends badly.
Can't help with the tank decals. I have some damage on either side of mine where the Gimbel fairing has rubbed away the paint and decals. There's a real good painter local to me who has a look at it and said he wouldn't bother trying to repair old Matt paint like that, it would be a respray job....and he would prefer to do the side panels as well to guarantee a match.
Hawkeye
Basic User

Re: I survived

Post by Hawkeye »

Hi Trickytree.
I am waiting to see a sigh maker,so if it is possible for her to make some decals then maybe I can make more sets. I think the font will be the main issue. Whats the color of your bike.
Doe,s anyone know how I can change my user name (its a bit naf) on this for forum.
I have gone to my profile as they tell you to but it wont let you change it.