UK pricing

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

stu22
Basic User

UK pricing

Post by stu22 »

Anyone have a good feel for the UK pricing for Rocksters?
Thinking of selling mine as it's hardly getting used and doubt it will in the future either. Looked online and not that many up for sale and those that are seem expensive in my eyes
trickytree
Donating Member #: 1159

Re: UK pricing

Post by trickytree »

Difficult one really, there's been a couple of real nice ones on UKGSer recently at around the 4K mark but to my knowledge neither of them sold. Owners seem to like them but I think there still seen as a bit of a oddball bike for most folk.
I paid 2500 for mine last summer, tidy but not mint, 34000 fbmwsh and enough bits thrown in that when I sold all the stuff I didn't want the bike owed me 2200. A lot of bike for not a lot of money.
As an aside I've had a solid but slightly shabby around the ears Triumph Legend for sale all summer for £1750 and no ones even bothered to look at it yet.
Dealers selling stuff with easy credit are doing well but it seems there's a shortage of folk with cash I there pockets.
stu22
Basic User

Post by stu22 »

Guessing about £2500 is a reasonable price - may give mine a scrub, put it on fleaBay and take a chance.....
sykospain
Donating Member #: 1

Post by sykospain »

I missed a lovely non-ABS 04 Rockster selling in Glasgow on the Dock of the Bay during March for nineteen-hundred sterling with tall screen, engine bars, panniers, etc., etc.
Then made a more determined attempt to get another 04 Rockster and within a week I secured a similar non-ABS original tiger-stripe 3-owner bike with no cat, 3rd-party slip-on, tall screen, for only 400 more. The currently-advertised ones are classified ads in the 4½K region. Too expensive. Ordinary bike dealers know eff-all about the Rockster.
This is the list of people I'd trust with my bike