Hello

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Re: Hello

Post by kirby »

Yeah they didn't sell well in the states. Ha!
Possibly my favorite moto, and I've had many!

Bought it on a fluke but its a keeper.
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
sykospain
Donating Member #: 1

Post by sykospain »

Don't forget the revised front mudguard that's fitted to the Rockster and the wider back tyre - 180 instead of the roadster's 170.
A salesman in an Edinburgh showroom years ago nagged me to by one of the then-new Rocksters and claimed it had the higher compression and forged pistons with revised crowns that characterised the sportier 1100S. B ut he lied.

They all do, don't they ?
This is the list of people I'd trust with my bike
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by riceburner »

sykospain wrote:Don't forget the revised front mudguard that's fitted to the Rockster and the wider back tyre - 180 instead of the roadster's 170.
A salesman in an Edinburgh showroom years ago nagged me to by one of the then-new Rocksters and claimed it had the higher compression and forged pistons with revised crowns that characterised the sportier 1100S. B ut he lied.

They all do, don't they ?

The mudguard is the same fittings as the R1100S mudguard, but yes I think it's a later version of that fitting. (The entire front end is R1100S apart from the shock, which was originally on the R850R). Similarly, the rear 5.5" wheel is R1100S/K1200RS, painted in the Rockster colours.

First time I've heard that story about the R1100s parts. You'd think that would be in the brochure if it was true... ;)
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
BadToTheBown
Donating Member #: 1

Post by BadToTheBown »

kirby wrote:...R1150S??? whatzat?...
+1 Thought I had the ONLY one and it has a Rockster engine in it, kinda - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/bmw-r110 ... -bike.html
2014 Ducati Hyperstrada (HyperProject)
2005 BMW R1150sR Project Tourer
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Post by kirby »

Ha!
To my knowledge the rockster and the roadster ENGINES (only) are identical on the inside.

:-)
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER