winter Solstice

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

kirby
Donating Member #: 3

winter Solstice

Post by kirby »

Winter Solstice a good day for a short Rockster ride to Death Valley CA for a nite at Stovepipe Wells. Will start out cold (20s') but will warm up!
Merry Christmas!
K
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
riceburner
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: winter Solstice

Post by riceburner »

ooo - would love to do that!

(I miss my Rockster :( ).
Non quod, sed quomodo.

A Rockster Life
Kobe22
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Kobe22 »

Merry Christmas Dude! Rode into work today, 28 F in Northern Virginia. I was shocked by the scarcity - hell, total absence of all motorcycle presence on the roads.
Sure I had to roll out all my Gerbings gear but I expected a few GS's to come out and show what's so cool about those crazy Germans. All I got were cages and crickets! SMH! I was perfectly comfortable and my equipment never gave me any reason to be concerned.
I did require heated gloves, heated jacket liner, heated in-soles and Alpinestars 3-season bottoms and uppers over all that - and yes the 1200's heated grips was put to crucial use, those are the difference maker for me as far as below freezing riding goes.
sykospain
Donating Member #: 1

Post by sykospain »

I notice that Berlin Spandau has 'upgraded' / changed the colour option on the 2018 R1200R naked - they now call it "Iced Chocolate Metallic", after discontinuing the "Thunder Grey Metallic". They must have found a cheaper paint supplier.

See the puff video filmed in the Los Filabres mountain roads very near to me in Almería Province, showing the bike with the 'old' colour - looks a bit like a Rockster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 00EmksTLNc

But I hated the new bike's so-called "clutchless shift" on my 2-hour test ride. Honda streets ahead IMHO.
This is the list of people I'd trust with my bike
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Post by kirby »

I love that area!
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER