Headlight replacement tips on Rockster

This section is dedicated to the new Rockster version of the R1150R.

Moderator: Moderators

Hidalgo
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Headlight replacement tips on Rockster

Post by Hidalgo »

The time has come after purchasing the bike three years ago. My main low beam headlight is out. I looked for tutorials on the Rockster but all I see is replacement for GS and the clip/assembly system looks totally different. Any tips, pictures or threads that I can be pointed to would be HIGHLY appreciated before I force and bend something that wasn't supposed to ben. Thanks!
kirby
Donating Member #: 3

Re: Headlight replacement tips on Rockster

Post by kirby »

The Rockster headlight...

It has a wire plug connection which you just un-plug. Then there is the plastic? cap in which you remove by turning CCW. The first time I did mine it was stubborn and required a strong effort to get it off. ( I lubed it up with Vaseline when I reinstalled).

Now its just a standard squeeze together clip which is hinged and once that is undone extract the bulb. I use dielectric grease on the bulb terminals when installing but the Vaseline will work as well.

GS is identical (R1150GS).

FWIW..

cheers
mike Mojave CA
'04 ROCKSTER
Hidalgo
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Headlight replacement tips on Rockster

Post by Hidalgo »

Thanks for the reply! It was not hard at all. It was lack of confidence and knowledge. I have the gift of demolition. If you are aware of "The Midas Touch", then know I have been known to have the "Enema Touch". What ever I touch turns to crap. Not in this case! Thanks again.