Lots of things on the R-LC are just nicely engineered

Ownership, maintenance, equipping, operation, and riding of the new 2015 r12r lc. R1200RS info goes in here too!

Moderator: Moderators

RedRyder
Donating Member #: 1065

Lots of things on the R-LC are just nicely engineered

Post by RedRyder »

This isn't going to give you any new info about changing the high or low beam bulb, that is already in the owners manual. It is just about appreciating how some things on the R-LC are pretty cool and easier to attend to than the earlier generation R's.

It also isn't about starting a thread war on which R is better. I've owned several of the previous generation R's and they had great points.

Changing the bulbs is easier and is so cool on how you access the them. The nacelle has 2 star bolt fasteners and pulls easily off, then you access a star bolt behind the headlight on left side of bike with a 8-10" extension with star bolt T-40 socket and just loosen it. then on the right side of the headlight remove the star bolt from the headlight mounting wing. it then SWINGS out to reveal the plastic cover... pop it off then counterclockwise turn and the bulb exposed for you to pull out of the connector.

I just thought it was nicely engineered and so much easier than anything else I have ever owned. maybe I'm impressed these days without much effort.
ImageImageImage
What're you rebelling against, Johnny?
Johnny (Brando): Whaddya got?

2015 R1200R LC
peels
Basic User

Re: Lots of things on the R-LC are just nicely engineered

Post by peels »

but dangit, its not round!!!. :( -end of nitpicking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats awesome.
2002 R1150R. Helmets save more lives than loud pipes.
RedRyder
Donating Member #: 1065

Re: Lots of things on the R-LC are just nicely engineered

Post by RedRyder »

so true.
What're you rebelling against, Johnny?
Johnny (Brando): Whaddya got?

2015 R1200R LC