FS: Black naked 2004 R1150r 32,500 miles, Alexandria Virginia

R1150R/T, R1200R, etc items only please. Items should be at least BMW related and applicable to the bikes that this site covers. Only Donating members may POST ads, but all may browse.

Moderator: Moderators

MThomas

FS: Black naked 2004 R1150r 32,500 miles, Alexandria Virginia

Post by MThomas »

More pictures upon request

Bike is steady at high speeds, rain, and non-sticking snow.
I no longer need to commute daily during the winter time so I don't need the bike anymore.

Bike has the following:
Outer battery access terminals (otherwise you'd be lifting the gas tank just to jump the bike)
Fork mounting bolt securing cable (so your fork won't separate from the frame in mid-ride)
Witness marks on Critical bolts (walk around the bike and visually see if anything's come loose)
New bike-specific toolkit
New Pirelli Scorpion rear tire
New Battery
LEDs
Extra handle bar risers (if you want the handlebar higher and closer)
Y-pipe cat/muffler delete - it has neither a cat nor a muffler otherwise it'd sound like a Prius. Note that Maryland officially requires a muffler to pass inspection, which this does not have. In VA and DC you're fine.

Yearly mechanical inspection at EU BMW
2 keys and a valet key
No ABS - fewer moving parts to maintain so good for a rider who knows how to pump on the brakes
Oil changed every 3k with 20w50 full synthetic.

Mileage is appropriate for age, it has not been sitting, it's my commuting bike on the Express lanes so mostly all highway miles.

Has a small tear in the seat.

For those unfamiliar with the bike, here's the features that come stock:
Dual oil coolers - all the benefits of an air-cooled engine without the overheating.
Oil window - no messy dipstick, just pass by the bike, look in the window, and see the oil level.
Smugglers bin - The passengers seat lifts up offering a small compartment below.
Heated hand grips - Allows you to ride in colder weather.
Shaft drive - Easily remove and replace the rear wheel, no cumbersome chains or belts to tighten.
Center stand - Bike balances evenly on center and allows you to do most jobs without a lift/jack.
Car oil - The engine doesn't have to have the specific bike/V-twin oil, It can run on any oil.
89 Octane - The owners manual recommends 89, no more paying for premium.
Smooth shifting. Some have complained that's it's so smooth they can't tell it's in gear.
Shift into Neutral while the engine's running - You can easily shift into neutral while the engine's running.
Key to open-only Helmet lock - to lock up your helmet and other stuff using the same key as the ignition and with this you only need the key to open it, it snaps closed without having to use the key again.

The 2004s are sought after for their durability. As you can see from the other postings it retains its resale value well.

Comes with a helmet, passenger helmet, battery tender, and cargo net.
Last edited by MThomas on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 R1150r Non-ABS
If each of us were to get one other person on a bike, we'd double our presence
MThomas

Re: FS: Black naked 2004 R1150r 31k miles, Alexandria Virginia

Post by MThomas »

Update: Lowered price to $2300
2004 R1150r Non-ABS
If each of us were to get one other person on a bike, we'd double our presence
Buckster
Lifer
Donating Member #: 543

Re: FS: Black naked 2004 R1150r 32,500 miles, Alexandria Virginia

Post by Buckster »

MThomas wrote:

I no longer need to commute daily during the winter time so I don't need the bike anymore.
I don't commute on mine in the winter either.....
Buckster '03R
sweatmark
Septuple Lifer
Donating Member #: 208

Post by sweatmark »

We will miss you MThomas. You added life here with a thousand questions during the board's quiet period.

Hope you keep riding.
Rockster#2, K1300S, S1000R (for sale)
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

MThomas, your ad from a year ago says it has 32,500 miles. This year it has 31K. Have you been riding it backwards? Can you tell where to view pics?