Nice ride today

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

Beaze
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Nice ride today

Post by Beaze »

I had a pretty nice ride today. It was just shy of 60 miles, so it wasn't a record breaker. What was so nice about it was that it was actually an extended test ride for my brother on the R1150R ABS he's going to buy. He's buying it from a friend of ours and he came along as well. What a great day, it started a bit cold but ended up so nice.
Last edited by Beaze on Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tobes
Lifer

Re: Nice ride today

Post by tobes »

Glad to hear the ride went well. I too went for a nice Sunday ride today, excellent weather. I'm not sure how to embed an active map but I see people post google maps by just doing a print screen, then cropping it and posting it like any other photo.
Mike
R4R&R
Basic User
Donating Member #: 293

Post by R4R&R »

This whole weekend was great for riding. The more miles you put on the bike, the more fun you'll have! I just got back from a ride in western North Carolina and put on 1600 miles for the weekend! Another highlight - I turned the 70,000 mile mark. 70,000 great miles!
John
Member 293 (I think)
'17 Triumph Tiger 1200 XRX
Beaze
Basic User

Post by Beaze »

R4R&R wrote:This whole weekend was great for riding. The more miles you put on the bike, the more fun you'll have! I just got back from a ride in western North Carolina and put on 1600 miles for the weekend! Another highlight - I turned the 70,000 mile mark. 70,000 great miles!
70K, that's awesome..and also what I had in mind when i bought my bike. You're only 30k away from your first riders award :)!
bobw
Basic User

Post by bobw »

Congrats to your brother!

I got in about 600 miles and was suprised by how few riders were out and about. On the Blue Ridge Pkwy there were more folks on bicycles by a large margin. Glad to see a few of us enjoyed this Spring weather.

Safe travels

Bob
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

70,000 great miles!
John, WOW! You're catching up to me fast. I should put another 2K on going to the Bash this year and whatever I add at the GMR in a couple weeks. I'm right at 79K right now. You know we're both looking new clutch plates and/or splines pretty soon.
#-o