New York State ride

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

rdsmith3
Lifer
Donating Member #: 74

New York State ride

Post by rdsmith3 »

My annual ride with some friends always seems to conflict with the Bash, but we do have better weather. :lol:

This year, our plans for an overnight ride into PA did not work out. Also, three of the crew could not make it this year, so it was just my brother-in-law, Jerry, and me. He rides an '08 (?) FJR 1300 and I have an '02 R1150R. Our plan B was to go towards the finger lake area in New York, which we did. We rode over 425 miles on Friday. We did so much riding that we did not take many pictures. The only place we stopped to snap a few was a lookout area at Hawks Nest

Here is a view of the Delaware River looking north

Here is Jerry and a view to the south

Can you see me in my construction worker vest?

Here is my favorite -- we rode on nice twisty roads like this all day long. Most of the roads were along rivers, there were few cars, the cars we did encounter moved over for us, and we could go at a spirited pace.

We also collected a lot of bugs

Here is the route we took (from my house in NW NJ) and the elevation profile. You can see it was nice and hilly.

Last edited by rdsmith3 on Wed May 20, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
2002 Atlanta Blue
Lifetime Member #74
Daryl.Stamp
Basic User

Re: New York State ride

Post by Daryl.Stamp »

Next time you're headed toward the Fingerlakes let me know; we're right in the middle.
MLW would like to go downstate for a weekend; what routes did you take to ride on roads like that all day?

DLS
rdsmith3
Lifer
Donating Member #: 74

Re: New York State ride

Post by rdsmith3 »

Well not all the roads were like that. I have the route from my GPS that I will post later.
Bob
2002 Atlanta Blue
Lifetime Member #74