Carmel, Paso Robles, Big Sur revisited...

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

tobes
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Carmel, Paso Robles, Big Sur revisited...

Post by tobes »

I did another ride up to Carmel, Big Sur, and Paso Robles this past weekend. It was a nice ride. Carmel and the surrounding area is a beautiful place that I never get tired of visiting. Many obstacles in the road to avoid on this trip: 1 herd of antelope, 1 stray horse, cows, many cow pies, 1 dog, 1 bird (deceased), 1 herd of deer. My discoveries on this trip were Carmel Valley Road, Santa Rosa Creek Road (my new favorite road), and Parkfield Grade. All of these are small country roads that twist, rise, fall, and offer fantastic views. Here are a few photos. The rest can be viewed in a slideshow here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14694355@N ... 2419/show/

Mike...
Mike
bobw
Basic User

Re: Carmel, Paso Robles, Big Sur revisited...

Post by bobw »

Wow! Fantastic photos. They are a treat to enjoy.

Thanks and safe travels!

Bob
taosports
Double Lifer

Post by taosports »

Great photos Mike. Looks like you picked a perfect time to go. You're the 3rd person I know who's mentioned Santa Rosa Creek Road. I'll have to plan a trip that way and check it out myself.
tobes
Lifer

Post by tobes »

Thanks! If you go to the area, Old Creek Rd picks up just on the other side of the 46 and is fun, if not quite as scenic, too. Also, Peachy Canyon was a thrill ride. Just watch out for those tasting rooms :mrgreen:
Mike