Morrocco

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

Sup3rfly
Basic User

Morrocco

Post by Sup3rfly »

Hi...i did tha same journey the other way round in a Suzuky jeep that i bought for £1.500 in London...it was awesome, there were 14 jeeps alltogether, and we all took off from Lisbon Portugal...Basically we drove to the south of Spain, crossed on the ferry, and went East to Ksar el Kibir, then to Mekenès, to AZrou, MIdelt, Erfoud, Merzouga, up to Tinerghir, Quarzazate, Marrakesh, Al Jadica thats going north west, Casablanca ,Rabat, Kenitra, and back to the ferry.
It was the most fantastic trip i ever done, the people were fantastic, the food ok and cheap, the views all along were out of this world...
I remember early one morning while all were asleep i took off for a ride and found in the middle of nowhere a couple of cops around their broken down 30 year old Fiat 131 police car, after repairing their car and giving them a pack of Marlboro each ( they only buy ONE cigarrete at a time), they thought i was their best friend, so they invited me to stay at their newly built prison, any time i came past....wicked...
I would love to do it all again, unfortunatly my back wont allow it, so i´m buying a R 1150 R soon and doing Europe instead...
A bit of advice, it´s rough out there, and help is allways far away, carry a good first aid kit and do a first aid course specially if you doing it on a bike. also someone that can maintain and repair the bikes....it´s best done in a group, the more the better.
I´ve also done the Low Atlas mountains on a mountain bike, thats was fantastic too, but never again, too much like hard work..

Go for it....you know you want to...it´s something you do once in a life time...something to tell the grand kids
good luck
José Carvalho (Portugal) used to live in north London (Kentish Town) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: