Travels with Blanche DuBois: The Robert Johnson Ride

This section is for people to post trip writeups and pictures AFTER the trip is over.

Moderator: Moderators

mnnden
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Re: Travels with Blanche DuBois: The Robert Johnson Ride

Post by mnnden »

Having sold my "R" some time ago, I don't get back to this forum as much as I should, so I know I am a little late to the dance, but it is always in the back of my mind to check from time to time and see if the Doc has anything to report, I wasn't disappointed, The "Robert Johnson Ride" may be my favorite so far!, I am hoping someday to walk into a bookstore & see the "Travels" on display, not only for the wonderful reading but also for the great pictures. The last couple of years we have spent most of our time in SoCal, & as you describe, the roads are fantastic, I have ridden some of the roads you describe in Nevada, & you are right on with your assessment {"I know I’ve said it before, but there is something special riding across Nevada. It is a distance, a wide state, but the scenery is special, otherworldly, desolate with good pavement. You have to be prepared for it. Gas when you can, maybe carry some extra, just in case, and physically alert. It can be hard if the winds are not in your favor, but it is a mental exercise. “Mindfulness” can reign supreme along any of the routes, except maybe the most southern. It’s the land of the pony express, gun toting ranchers and Area 51. I never find it boring, and when I think about the trip afterwards the Nevada crossing always comes to mind. It seems that when people hear I rode out to California, the crossing of Nevada is invisible to them, but not to anyone who has done it. A challenge, eh, maybe not so much, but an experience, yes.") Thanks for sharing
We all gave some,
Some gave all.

Anonymous
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
mnnden
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by mnnden »

Thanks for the link & Congrats on the new MC.
We all gave some,
Some gave all.

Anonymous
buck prior
Basic User

Post by buck prior »

Thanks again for 'taking us along John' I always enjoy your photos & the narrative , Congrats on the new ride !! Hope it serves you well.