Wisconsin Dells...the 'other' Wisconsin rally.

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Just-Beeming
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Wisconsin Dells...the 'other' Wisconsin rally.

Post by Just-Beeming »

Mr. Beeming and myself are embarking on a 31 day trek accross the US in September...Portland to Portland initially.
We plan to spend a few days in Wisconsin...take in a RUSH concert on the 6th and we are considering a small rally at Wisconsin Dells.
Does anyone have ay experience with this rally....I am sure there are good BMW folks who attend. Just curious about the particulars of this Rally.
Thanks for the feedback.

Just-Beeming
# 490
04 Black R1150 R...
06 Black F650 GS
72 Honda CT 90
Life It just gets better and better!
NoRRmad
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 388

Post by NoRRmad »

I've been there. Wisconsin Dells is a resort with a water park -- it might be new; they were renovating it when I was there two years ago, and there was a lot of dusty construction then. It should be finished by now. Admission to the park for rally attendees was free. The main campground is a few hundred yards away, discouraging walking back and forth to and from your camp site. Rooms and accomodations at the resort are available and many riders stay there. Reserve early. They have some nice restaurants, and at least one low-end burger place. The rally runs a beer tent, morning coffee, evening music and various exhibits. There are riding competitions on the grounds. They served a tasty soup dinner one night.

Weather at the rally was warm, cool at night and I didn't note any mosquitoes, though there is a small river on the grounds.

Bunch of nice people there.
#388 '02 R1150R Black: The darkest color.