ARKANSAS IN AUTUMN '07 - Mini Bash Sign Up

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

You cats have fun this weekend. Take pics and post reports! It will blow your mind how much you will all enjoy getting together.

DSKYZD
JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

I can't sleep, so I thought I'd let ya'll know that you are missing some of the best riding you could enjoy. Everything north of I-40 is ablaze with color. The roads are smooth, and vacant. I rode today with another attendee (Thursday) some of the best roads ever. He said they were just like the acclaimed roads in NC, WV, TN and around there except........... no cars or traffic here. The famed Pig Trail is nothing compared to two new roads I traveled today - 123 and 374. We rode 422 miles today. It would have been shorter, but I picked up another nail in my rear tire so we had to go to Little Rock and get a new tire. The dealership in Little Rock is the best dealership I have ever been to in my life. They were the greatest. Got me in as soon as I arrived and had the tire fixed and a couple of minor things within 1 hour. We ended up riding back in the dark over Magazine Mountain (309) to Ozark. As of Thursday night, I believe there are 14 of us here with 3-4 more arriving tomorrow.

Sorry, Brian - no time for photos yet.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Dr. Strangelove
Double Lifer

Post by Dr. Strangelove »

GypsyRR wrote:... you are missing some of the best riding you could enjoy. Everything north of I-40 is ablaze with color. The roads are smooth, and vacant. I rode today with another attendee (Thursday) some of the best roads ever. He said they were just like the acclaimed roads in NC, WV, TN and around there except........... no cars or traffic here. ..

right--wish I were there--

that's the way the roads were during our spring ride there except different colors

If you have time check out 16 between 23 and 21, I think
'09 Schwarze Blanche DuBois
Well, don't do that-Hippocrates
ladybeemer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Just Back!

Post by ladybeemer »

Just got back from the bash. I only had time to head up there Thursday from Dallas and return today.
It was so good to meet many of the members, what a great bunch. Sorry I missed saying goodbye to many of you this morning, but I'm envious of the time you all still have to ride.
A big thanks to Gypsy for organizing the bash, she did a great job, thanks to Cycle Rob for the tech session and cheat sheet. Thanks again to gentleman who let me ride in his porsche!

Can't wait until the next time!

Linda :D
Linda
http://www.rennieart.com

Lifetime member
2003 Silver BMWr1150r
duckdave
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 580

Post by duckdave »

The Bash was a Smash! It was so much fun to meet everyone. Thanks to Boxer for draggin' me around with him for a ride, hope Mrs. B gets feeling better; CycleRob-thanks for the diagnoses ("leaking pumpkin, dirty forktubes, dry starter bearing"); OU812-loved your Pilates plate; Priapismic-thanks for not insulting my underwear; and all the rest of you (Biff's R, NoRRmad (NYC right?) and too many for an old guy like me to remember) thanks for coming all the way to Arkansas, it was a great pleasure meeting you.

GypsyRR-Thanks for organizing this; Sorry, but I told my wife you packed in at somewhere near 350# (she's dang tired of hearing about you!).

Wooooo Pig Sooiee---How 'bout them Hogs!
Last edited by duckdave on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
Motomo
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Motomo »

I rode back to Dallas with Ladybeemer yesterday. We had a beautiful ride home. Too bad we didn't have more time in Arkansas. The day we were up there was fantastic.

It was great to meet everyone. I feel bad that everyone had to see my gorgeous new R1200R. I know it made everyone sad that they didn't have one. :lol:

Hope I can make the next bash. Maybe we can do it in Hill Country. :D I volunteer Ladybeemer to plan it!!!
2007 R1200R
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

I have opened a new thread under Great Rides to post all the pics and commentary.......please post there.

Moderator....could you please move the last three posts to the same topic under Great Rides.....Thanks.
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX