Hungry Mother Aug 17-19

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

I Will Attend

Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:13 am

I Will Attend
47%
I Would Like to Attend
13%
I Have a Decision Deficiency
No votes
I Lost My Kitchen Pass
No votes
I WILL NOT Attend
40%

Total votes: 15

Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

Back home. Got here about 10 after 2. 335 miles in 6 hours and 10 minutes including breakfast at Bob Evans in Princeton, WV. The WV Turnpike is nice on Sunday morning due to a low number of trucks. THen US 33 was lightly patroled by the Ohio Storm Troopers.

VA 16 up to Tazewell was great this morning.

I also traveled through 2 minutes of rain. I needed a little rain to make the Hungry Mother trip right.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

Home safe. I left HM this morning at about 8:30 after phoning home in the Food Lion parking lot.

I did not even check the time when I got here I was so hot. Riding down out of the hills to Atlanta is like descending into hell. Each mile I rode southwardly brought higher temps. It's a balmy high 90s down here at 850 foot elevation. Damn! I already miss HM!
towerworker
Lifer
Donating Member #: 575

Post by towerworker »

I was a latecomer in that I found out about the event on the day before--thursday. Made last minute plan changes and begged off work. (they were quite honestly glad to see me go!)

Had a great time and rode some beautiful roads. The weather was wonderful as was the fellowship.

All the guys are great. Mike Cam was vastly entertaining and I learned a great deal about how to bring smiles to peoples' faces by watching him.
The man has a gift when it comes to making a stranger smile---from the family looking for a campsite to the little boy who wants a motorcycle to the waitress trying to earn a living. I suspect all who met him are glad they did.

Wayne
Boxer
Lifer
Donating Member #: 2

Post by Boxer »

Well, in the poll the "Will Attend"s almost equaled the "Will Not Attend"s. It was all too obvious at the park over the weekend. The others who usually come were really missed, and missed out on a great time. You know who you are!

We have no new "sock" stories to relate thanks to Chris' absence...but Wayne told one which was just about as good. Of course what happens at HM, stays...well you know.

Okay, I know everybody is just itching to see the exciting photos from the weekend, so I'll not write anymore and reveal the location of the.....SLIDESHOW!
Yes. Yet another in a long line of them. I just love making these things.
I was so bad about not taking enough good road shots and when we stopped at the midway spot in Speedwell I completely forgot to take out the camera! Oh well.
Go to http://www.slablog.net and visit the link. Or you can just click here
Biff's R
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 289

Post by Biff's R »

I always wish for another day or 2 at Hungry Mother. There are so many roads, and good company.
Jeff (lifer #289)
'17 F800GSA
'04 R1150R
There ain't no education in the second kick of a mule!
wncbmw
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by wncbmw »

Guys, I would have made it if I could! Sounds like a good time as usual. And better weather!

I missed you guys! :(
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
Arbreacames
Basic User
Donating Member #: 0

Post by Arbreacames »

Boxer wrote:.....SLIDESHOW!
Thanks, Boxer!
Carlos D.