2008 FALL BASH MOVED TO EUREKA SPRINGS, ARKANSAS- Join us!!

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

duckdave
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 580

Re: 2008 FALL BASH MOVED TO EUREKA SPRINGS, ARKANSAS- Join us!!

Post by duckdave »

OU812 wrote:Some friends of mine have said that this area is known as a hippie hangout. 8) Boy if I left my hair long I would fit right in! :lol:
Most of us 'ol hippies have no hair anymore. It's a disease, we're almost cured!

You'll fit right in.

Oh, and I seriously doubt we'll have to go more than a block or two for another room. OU812 has been assigned to investigate a potential site for a future bash. But with luck, we'll pull him into the fold with the rest of us at Carolyn's... all that is pending.

Anyone else trying to find a room in ES—try Carolyn's first, then Rider's Rest. If you don't have any luck with our headquarters or "overflow" sites, give me a call, PM or email, and I'll jump right in and help you out.

See ya there,
-d.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

Speaking of which… (prize drawing) ya'll get your goodies together ya hear (and don't forget to bring them). My local BMW (Ducati/Triumph/Vespa) Motorcycles of Little Rock contributed 3 nice golf-type t-shirts and a hat to the cause. I know mad1150 and Vicki have hit up their local BMW dealer, and have been stock-piling goodies since last November. I don't know what we'll do without Boxermania to hand out the prizes (perhaps he'll reconsider and drive his secret ride on up here), but we still have the able MC, Boxer, to rely on.
Yeah, don't forget to bring some goodies to contribute to the prize raffle. :smt026
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by OU812 »

duckdave wrote:
Speaking of which… (prize drawing) ya'll get your goodies together ya hear (and don't forget to bring them). My local BMW (Ducati/Triumph/Vespa) Motorcycles of Little Rock contributed 3 nice golf-type t-shirts and a hat to the cause. I know mad1150 and Vicki have hit up their local BMW dealer, and have been stock-piling goodies since last November. I don't know what we'll do without Boxermania to hand out the prizes (perhaps he'll reconsider and drive his secret ride on up here), but we still have the able MC, Boxer, to rely on.
Yeah, don't forget to bring some goodies to contribute to the prize raffle. :smt026
Beer ok? :-k
Heading out now. See you Thursday! :D
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

Vickie and I are headed out this morning around 8:30. Slab'n it to Springfield, MO, to hit Lambert's Cafe for dinner! Gotta' love "Throwed Rolls" & Sorghum Molasses!

Everyone have a fun and safe ride!

GypsyRR, CycleRob, Boxermania, Priapismic, Biff's R, and anyone else who can't make it, we sure will miss you!
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

This is Ves' daughter. (:
My dad is laid out on the floor with major back pain dictating this message.
He's on major drugs with a messed up back and unless there is a miracle, Sandy and Ves will not be making it to the Bash.
Of course everybody has probably left by now, He'll try to call one of the people that are going and let them know.
MAJOR BUMMER!
Ves (AKA Boy,Sledge, and Cheap Bastid)
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

If he knew he was going to live this long, he's have taken better care of himself, no doubt.

Well, I've always subscribed to the principle of "keep on doin' what you need to do" when faced with back problems. Course, that only works up to a point, after that you gotta quit.

So, I'll pray for a miracle and hope for the best. He can email me directly at wdwessinger (replace this with that little round symbol that means at) mac (dot) com
replacing all the parts in parentheses with the appropriate symbols and punctuation, of course.
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

Having FUN!! Wish you were here!! :D :D D:
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

duckdave wrote:Having FUN!! Wish you were here!! :D :D D:
#-o Well, my leg is partially numb, so I got that going for me... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Dave, you'll have to change Sandy's and my shirt a bit... put "WANABE" on them... :smt022 :smt022
nevada72
Basic User

Post by nevada72 »

duckdave wrote:Having FUN!! Wish you were here!! :D :D D:
Worthless w/o pics.

:)
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Not to worry Ves as your shirts are sold. I told Dave you would be happy about that. :lol:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
Jeff2008
Basic User

Post by Jeff2008 »

I am new to this forum so I read this post too late to go. I was at the Ozark Motel 6 months ago and had the best time. The roads are fantastic and I look forward to coming back. I am in Houston and hope to meet up with you guys soon.
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

Jeff2008 wrote:I am new to this forum so I read this post too late to go. I was at the Ozark Motel 6 months ago and had the best time. The roads are fantastic and I look forward to coming back. I am in Houston and hope to meet up with you guys soon.
Welcome, and howdy from the Midwest.
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

Yes, Welcome. I'm also from the Houston area. I've not seen another R1150R around here though. What color is your bike? I'll give a big wave if I see you on the roads one day!!
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Jeff2008
Basic User

Post by Jeff2008 »

I have a 2002 Atlanta Blue bike and I ride with the Houston BMW Owners group. I try to make the Sunday rides leaving from the Denny's on 290 and 1960 which takes us up to Montgomery and then over to Navasota.
Jeff2008
Basic User

Post by Jeff2008 »

Gypsy RR,

Hi Kristi I have seen a few of your posts on the motorcycle cafe forum. I was going to go to Big Bend with them this year since I had so much fun last year. But last minute life issues made me have to cancel. I did go with them to North Carolina and rode the Dragon for the first time a few months ago. Made the 1000 miles from Houston to NC in one day and then one day coming back also. My bike is in the shop at Gulf Coast but I hope to have it back this week. I live in the Tomball area and ride with the Houston BMW Owners group. Maybe I will see you sometime.

Your website is great.

Jeff