2008 FALL BASH MOVED TO EUREKA SPRINGS, ARKANSAS- Join us!!

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

OU812
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Re: 2008 FALL BASH IN OZARK, ARKANSAS

Post by OU812 »

That video of the house going under the bridge looked more like a cheese grater. :x
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
boxermania
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 312

Post by boxermania »

Gypsy and duckdave....the eating establishments and the factory tour seem very enticing....of course, did I mention I love meat and Thai food, specially with a fried egg on top of the rice.....Ohhh.....goody
Member #312
06 Suzuki Burgman 650 "state of flux"
79 CBX
duckdave
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 580

Post by duckdave »

You may be in luck...
Did we mention that there is a BBQ place in Ozark (anyone discover it last year?; plz post opiniond here). Reported to be the best in the state (we Arkansans' are too polite to get into a tiff over state-rights in the BBQ world)! Rivertowne BBQ (yes, that's with the every-trendy "e")

Then there is the Thai Steak House (click for video). Didn't find any online reviews, but i've heard from several it was real and good. Of my ethnic food favs, Thai is most scarce in Arkansas. I'll definitely be trying it during the Bash.

Hannigan's Fairing Factory Tour: boxermania, you're interested, good! That makes at least 3 of us interested in this one. It's set up for Saturday, time not determined yet.

Stay tuned for more as the dates (October 10-12; don't forget Oct 13 is Columbus Day) approach...
-dd
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

Dave, I ate at both of those places. I probably won't be much help in telling you whether or not they were good. Most of the attendees from last year did eat at the BBQ place at least once while in Ozark. They should/will/might chime in. The Thai restaurant is just across the street from the motel. Actually, it says Thai Steak House. It was my first Thai food, so I have nothing with which to compare it. However, it tasted fine with me. They were certainly as helpful as could be and very happy to serve the group I was with. The group loved the place. They ate there twice because of it's quality and convenience. As far as my opinion of the BBQ place, well, I'm from Texas. I don't need to say anymore, I'm sure.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

I spoke to Joan at the Ozark Motel today (and reserved my room). She said there are plenty of rooms left, just a couple have been booked thus far. One thing she mentioned might be of interest to some: They have one room with 3 single beds in it (otherwise, it has all the regular stuff), if anyone is interested in sharing a room. I'm not going to get involved in assigning rooms etc. ya'll can work it out. But, as your plans get firmed up I encourage you to go ahead and book your room (479-667-1500).

BTW, some folks are planning to get there Thursday, so whoever gets there then we will plan to go out together for a "meet and greet" Thursday evening, and map out some rides for Friday morning. Mark (mad1150) and I (with help from GypsyRR) are setting up some fun stuff for ya'll to do, but we are keeping most of the events optional so folk can do what they want.

On the definite list is Dinner Saturday Nite at the Ozark Restaurant (right next to the Motel)---same as last year w/ raffle and prizes.

On the optional (and still in planning) list: Breakfast at the Grapevine Restaurant followed by a tour of the Hannigan Fairing Factory in nearby Paris, AR on Saturday morning; Rides and Breakfast at the Oark General Store & Cafe for Friday and/or Sunday morning; and some sort of tour at one of the wineries in nearby Altus. And of course, there's Kelt's, which will be there when we need it.

I'm trying to coordinate with Mario Caruso who wrote the book on motorcycling rides in Arkansas, Arkansas Rider's Guide, to see if he might join up with us a bit and suggest some rides. He'll be in the area that same weekend touring with the Honda Sport Touring Association's (HSTA) Arkansas Byway Boogie. They will be based in Paris AR & will have about 35 participants. According to Mario many, if not most, will be riding beemers.

What else?

Make plans! Be there or be square!
Comments and suggestions welcomed.
GypsyRR wrote:15 rooms have been blocked at the Ozark Motel for Friday, Saturday and Sunday night (Columbus Day weekend), October 10, 11, 12, 2008.
Ten single rooms (king size bed), and five double rooms. All rooms have refrigerator, microwave, high speed internet, cable etc. etc. Check them out online at link below.

Be sure to mark you calendars. Feel free to add days on before or after these dates, if you choose. Just let Joan know when you call for your reservations. You may make your reservation at any time, but after September 15, the rooms will be released from our block.

Reservations:

BMW R1150R Group (please let Joan or Ron know you are with this group)

The Ozark Motel
Ozark, Arkansas
479-667-1500
http://www.ozarkmotel.com
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

I am riding my V-Rod, where as Ves said he wants to trailer. Trailers are for Harley's! :lol:
Mark(MAD1150) and Vicki rode last year so I must ride. Ves, you lightweight!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :badgrin:
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

I've contacted our State Parks & Recreation folks and will go by there this evening to pick up ample supplies of the following documents:

1) "Let's Ride---Motorcycling in Arkansas"—This brochure maps out 9 motorcycle route destinations in Arkansas, including a few in the area we are staying. Mad1150--there's even a "big circle route" connecting Ozark with Eureka Springs. There's also a couple of routes that might help you get across the great state of AR, depending upon where you're coming from, that might be useful to you on your way here. Mario Caruso (I'm trying to get him to come meet with us during the Bash) had a lot to do with putting this brochure together. If you want one RIGHT NOW you can download the PDF here.

2) The Arkansas State Highway Map—from the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department. These are among the best state maps I've ever seen (VA has a good one, too!), and far superior to those you buy. The AHTD has maps available on line, and you can request they send one to you here.

3) The Arkansas Free Vacation Kit—This is a pretty extensive collection of materials about vacationing in Arkansas. I'm picking up a pile to bring to the Fall Bash, but they're pretty expensive to mail, so you might just want to order your own from here.

4) Arkansas Fishing Guide—I didn't order any of these, but you can. Just check the box when you order up your Vacation Kit here.

I plan to bring plenty of copies of items #1–3 to the Fall Bash. If you can't wait till then, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you the Motorcycling Arkansas brochure and the State Map.

Ride On!
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Work has screwed me over and changed my schedule. I have to fill in for a operator the whole weekend. :x :evil: #-o :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
mad1150
Basic User
Donating Member #: 522

Post by mad1150 »

Ahhhhhhhh!

You've got time, something's gotta give by then. If not, I'm predicting a case of the flu at your house that weekend, yeah, that's it.
Mark - Member 522

04 R1150R (Silver)
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Or I win the lotto and tell them to fuk off...... [-o<
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

OU812 wrote:Work has screwed me over and changed my schedule. I have to fill in for a operator the whole weekend. :x :evil: #-o :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hire a temp to take your place...

By the way... Wife and I are are signed up... we will be there this year. Arriving Thursday I think... Hopefully she'll have her license by then...
Ahhhhh.... She wants to go look at Harley's... See what you started... #-o :roll: And of course I'll be riding who knows what... :?:
Ves (AKA Boy,Sledge, and Cheap Bastid)
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

No Harley is worth a crap beside the V-Rod. I don't think she needs one of those. Tell her to look at the BMW's man! Take a stand! :lol:
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

OU812 wrote:No Harley is worth a crap beside the V-Rod. I don't think she needs one of those. Tell her to look at the BMW's man! Take a stand! :lol:
She's a lost cause... she's stuck on the customs... :roll:

And by the way, you have to go, cause my wife says, "How can he not go... I have to meet the drunk..."... :smt043 :smt044 :smt104 :smt103
duckdave
Double Lifer

Post by duckdave »

OU812 wrote:Work has screwed me over and changed my schedule. I have to fill in for a operator the whole weekend.
Time to turn things around---screw work!
-duckdave

'04 R1150R Silver
Little Rock 'n Roll
Double Lifer #580
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

I wish I could but I am limited. :evil:
MikeCam
Centurion Moderator!
Donating Member #: 100

Post by MikeCam »

I am definitely going?
The Older I Get, The Less I Know.
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

duckdave wrote:I've contacted our State Parks & Recreation folks and will go by there this evening to pick up ample supplies of the following documents:

1) "Let's Ride---Motorcycling in Arkansas"—This brochure maps out 9 motorcycle route destinations in Arkansas, including a few in the area we are staying. Mad1150--there's even a "big circle route" connecting Ozark with Eureka Springs. There's also a couple of routes that might help you get across the great state of AR, depending upon where you're coming from, that might be useful to you on your way here. Mario Caruso (I'm trying to get him to come meet with us during the Bash) had a lot to do with putting this brochure together. If you want one RIGHT NOW you can download the PDF here.

2) The Arkansas State Highway Map—from the Arkansas Highway & Transportation Department. These are among the best state maps I've ever seen (VA has a good one, too!), and far superior to those you buy. The AHTD has maps available on line, and you can request they send one to you here.

3) The Arkansas Free Vacation Kit—This is a pretty extensive collection of materials about vacationing in Arkansas. I'm picking up a pile to bring to the Fall Bash, but they're pretty expensive to mail, so you might just want to order your own from here.

4) Arkansas Fishing Guide—I didn't order any of these, but you can. Just check the box when you order up your Vacation Kit here.

I plan to bring plenty of copies of items #1–3 to the Fall Bash. If you can't wait till then, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you the Motorcycling Arkansas brochure and the State Map.

Ride On!

I relinquish all leadership duties to the obvious 'Organizational Bash Master". Dave, how could I ever live up to the example you have set and host another ride? You are nominated eternal Arkansas Ride Host. I'll do Texas or Colorado (gotten to know it pretty well lately). You ROCK, Dave. Great job.
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Well I have great news(for me anyway) I am going to make it. A co-worker will swap the week with me so he really helped me out. Of course I have been working his midnights so he owes me.(though he does not see it that way and I will let it go :badgrin: ) My Buddy Steve is joining us. Ves ,Mark and Vicki have ridden with him before. We are leaving Wed and taking our time to arrive Thursday. Man I am feeling so much better now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by OU812 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
GypsyRR
Centurionette!

Post by GypsyRR »

Dave:
take note. Steve is going to Ozark!!! Prepare the management!!
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
Ves
Basic User

Post by Ves »

OU812 wrote:Well I have great news(for me anyway) I am going to make it. A co-worker will swap the week with me so he really helped me out. Of course I have been working his midnights so he owes me.(though he does not see it that way and I will let it go :badgrin: ) My Buddy Steve is joining us. Ves ,Mark and Vicki have ridden with him before. We are leaving Wed and taking our time to arrive Thursday. Man I am feeling so much better now. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
OUTstanding...
Just a note to all the other attendees... it's now a BYOBBS bash... Bring Your Own Boots for the BS... ;)
(there's just something right about having a good laugh at Steve's expense... :biggrin: )