L'Beakster Bash May 2008-You Missed it Punk!

Check out what group rides people are planning, or planning to attend! Questions you have BEFORE the ride takes place should go in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Daryl_stamp
Lifer

Re: L'Beakster Bash May 2008-ROOMS FULL!--OVERFLOW AVAILABLE!!!

Post by Daryl_stamp »

GypsyRR wrote:Schedules are finally falling in place and have left the weekend of the Bash open for me, so now I have a chance to go. Not positive yet, but I'm working toward that end. Woo Hoo.
I hope you can make it. I'd love to have MLW get the perspective of a female motorcyclist; she's been dabbling with the idea of her own bike.
A ride from Texas to PA would be a great trip, with plenty of photo-ops no doubt.

DLS
STDocLizard1
Lifer
Donating Member #: 0

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Daryl_stamp wrote:
GypsyRR wrote:Schedules are finally falling in place and have left the weekend of the Bash open for me, so now I have a chance to go. Not positive yet, but I'm working toward that end. Woo Hoo.
I hope you can make it. I'd love to have MLW get the perspective of a female motorcyclist; she's been dabbling with the idea of her own bike.
A ride from Texas to PA would be a great trip, with plenty of photo-ops no doubt.

DLS
The LDR Award awaits your arrival Miss Gypsy.

Jim
"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Re: L'Beakster Bash May 2008: Recon Report

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Recon Report: 4/20/08

Marty and i just returned from the Endless Mountains after putting in 358 miles in the saddle on Sunday. The Central Park Hotel and Fishing Creek Lodge are ready for the Beakster Bash invasion on the third weekend in May. All systems are go! I checked the cooler @ CPH and found Corona, LaBatts, Heineken, Amstel Light, Molsun, and Sam Adams.

On Tap: Coors Light, Miller Light, Yuengling Lager; and, if all goes well, Sam Adams Summer Ale.

We had a sit down with Rose and Beth telling them what to expect as we ironed out some of the details. Questions were asked and answered on both sides of the table with assurance that everything will go smoothly.

The weather was quite mercurial with nasty overcast skies and extremely heavy fog on Interstate 81. By the time we crossed Route 80, the sun graced us with its presence all the way into Central. The roads had little debris and were not in bad shape from the winter. The only "Police Activity" was on the Interstate. Fuel was plentiful, but pricey; $3.86 nine for premium at the Dandy Mart. Thank God we don't ride gas guzzlers.

(I included a few pics of our accomodations and the restaurant

Jim

The Recon Team Arrives

Central Park Hotel

Annex 1

A room in Annex 1

The Parking Area

Restaurant/Bar at CPH

Restaurant at CPH

The Fishing Creek Lodge
jfslater98
Quadruple Lifer
Donating Member #: 535

Post by jfslater98 »

Thanks for the preview, I can't wait!
Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Orange Rockster
DSKYZD
Lifer
Donating Member #: 187

Post by DSKYZD »

JOURNEY JUNKIE #187
TonyT607
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 156

Post by TonyT607 »

Nice job Jim. We should always use you guys as an advance team... :D
Looking forward to meeting everyone in May.
Tony
Lifetime #156
2013 K1600GT
wncbmw
Lifer

Post by wncbmw »

Nice recon! I like the looks of the restaurant and bar! :)
'02 in black - the real BMW color! (Now gone to a new home)
Vann - Lifer No. 295
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

DSKYZD wrote:This might be useful to some:

Google Map location of Central Park Hotel in Jamison City, PA

DSKYZD
Thank you all for your interest. As you can see, there is plenty of parking on either side of the Hotel (Green Roof).

For the GPS types:

Central Park Hotel @ 976 Central Road
41 degrees, 17', 49.65" N
76 degrees, 22', 22.91" W

Fishing Creek Lodge @ 889 Central Road
41 degrees, 17', 28.49" N
76 degrees, 22', 17.13" W

as per Google Earth. Courtesy of Marty.

Jim
GypsyRR
Centurionette!
Donating Member #: 254

Post by GypsyRR »

STDocLizard1 wrote:
Daryl_stamp wrote:
The LDR Award awaits your arrival Miss Gypsy.

Jim

I'm out. A long lost brother decided he is going to show up that weekend, so a family reunion has supplanted my plans to get to PA. Oh well, short of the riding, laughing, drinking, good people, good memories, and good times, the family reunion will have a lot in common with your PA Bash, I suppose. :(
Kristi
05 Granite Grey
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Blood is thicker than a microbrew? We shall miss ya Miss Gypsy.

Jim
CupOHemlock
Basic User

Post by CupOHemlock »

Guys,

I am planning to leave Fredericksburg on Thursday morning the 15th. I am still not totally decided on the best route for the trip. If anyone is interested linking up please let me know.

COH (Rich)
Thunder Grey 2010 S1000RR "The Beast" (sold)
Metallic Red Apple 2011 R1200R
Member #494
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Re: L'Beakster Bash May 2008, Attention all Participants

Post by STDocLizard1 »

RIDING: The Endless Mountain Region of Pennsylvania has a tremendous amount of good roads for motorcyclists to enjoy at a leisurely pace or above. The roads are well kept and relatively free of debris. High speed sweepers are abundant with very little traffic and Police presence. This allows you to operate at a spirited pace usually without any official interference. The State Police are rarely seen on routine patrol despite there being substations in all of the counties. This is not a license to exceed the speed limit, but merely an observation after riding for many years in the area. Please remember that some of the larger towns have a municipal force and that you can also be cited by a Park Ranger for motor vehicle infractions in or outside of the park grounds.

The suggested routes are for your perusal and not written in stone. They represent a natural assortment of highways and byways of the local area. You could encounter gravel and oil on some of the secondary/tertiary roads. This ”chip seal” is an easy and inexpensive way to resurface the tarmac. Be careful.

Pennsylvania has the uncanny knack for changing street names and county/state route numbers if you cross boundaries. The larger PA routes do not change.

FUEL is plentiful, but don’t wait until you are on reserve to refuel.

FOOD: Many of the smaller towns will have adequate sustenance available.

PARKING: Parking at the CPH and FCL is first come, first served. Don’t park near any dumpsters or have any thing that smells like food on your bike. This is bear country.

WALKING: I expect some of us will be walking between the CPH and the FCL. Despite being in the middle of nowhere, traffic can be rather heavy at times on Central Road especially after dark. Be careful; don’t “walk on the wild side.”

By the same token, Ambulance Service is not just around the corner in these more remote areas as well as towing services. Don’t exceed your capabilities. This leads us to one very important point:

The Bash and all of its associated activities are well planned and executed to the best of our ability. Motorcycling is a very “unforgiving sport” and if you or someone else makes a mistake, you can pay for it dearly. To ride means that you have accepted that responsibility for yourself and your passenger. One of the reasons that the CPH was chosen was that it has a restaurant/bar on the premises. Despite the fact that we are all mature adults, there is really no reason to get back on your bike with a full tank of ethyl alcohol or face the next morning severely impaired or hung over. Pace yourself and enjoy the festivities.

Jim
scottybooj
Lifer

Re: L'Beakster Bash May 2008, Attention all Participants

Post by scottybooj »

STDocLizard1 wrote: Despite the fact that we are all mature adults, there is really no reason to...face the next morning severely impaired or hung over.

Jim
speak for yourself! being hungover is for amateurs! plus, who you callin' mature? :mrgreen:
Scott
Black '50R
Long Island, NY
double-secret probationary lifetime member #311
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Re: L'Beakster Bash May 2008-ROOMS FULL!--OVERFLOW AVAILABLE

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Boy o boy, am I going to miss you guys! (and the beer) :lol:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
Beemeridian
Lifer
Donating Member #: 477

Re: L'Beakster Bash May 2008-ROOMS FULL!--OVERFLOW AVAILABLE

Post by Beemeridian »

Last edited by Beemeridian on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STDocLizard1
Lifer

Post by STDocLizard1 »

Beemeridian wrote:I'm like Scotty's approach.
I intend to drink until my clutch splines give out! :lol:
You still got splines left? :lol:

Jim
OU812
Lifer

Post by OU812 »

Maybe he was referring to spines. Scotty can take care of those. :lol:
RIDE TOO PRETEND, PRETEND TOO RIDE. :)
89 Oldwing, 07 WR250R, 14 KX250F
TonyT607
Double Lifer
Donating Member #: 156

Post by TonyT607 »

OU812 wrote:Maybe he was referring to spines. Scotty can take care of those. :lol:
I'm glad to see your sense of humor is still fully operational Steve 8)
Tony
Lifetime #156
2013 K1600GT
CycleRob
Honorary Lifer
Donating Member #: 1

Post by CycleRob »

Steve is suffering more than you know. #-o He should be all better by the Fall Ozark Bash. =D>

Here's the Weather for the PABash Scroll down when you get there for the weekend forecast. I have my fingers crossed. :shock:

My bike is loaded and I leave Monday AM. Not going directly to the Bash. I'll be making a 14 Hr sleep-over at my comrade Beemeridian's home, which is just over 50% of the 777 mile way there. We're gonna at least change to the metal QD's on his bike and hopefully have enough time to replace the toothed cam belt on his little Chevy. For Tuesday & Wednesday I have 2 brothers and a (good) mother-in-law to visit. I truck it to NJ, ride the 50R to CT and NH for quick visits then return to my NJ shop for a new set of Pilot Road2's. Finally, I truck it the 120+ miles to the Bash on Thursday afternoon. My 2.4L 4cyl Nissan truck is tweaked to get a much needed 27.9MPG average on the interstates while carrying the bike, tools and all my "stuff". I'm looking at burning at least 70 gallons of recently costly gasoline between the truck & bike, so this will be a good investment for my 7 days away from home. I have full confidence in the EIGHT tie-downs holding the bike in place. The weather I'll experience while on 2 wheels I'm not as sure.

For you non-attendees, there will be an information blackout because there's no Wi-Fi or Net access and weak cellular service at our hotel. I'm not even bringing my notebook PC. The portable apps on my FlashDrive have FireFox browser & ThunderBird E-Mail on it so any computer it's plugged into becomes "mine", with all my digital links. Be patient, this situation will work itself out. The 29 fortunate people attending the Bash will see it all in real life. 8) =D>

See ya'all there !! 8) =D>

`09 F800ST

Member since Sept 10, 2001

"Talent, On Loan, From God" --Rush Limbaugh--